Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Hiding" ArchiCAD stops working on Mac

cmacd
Booster
Has anyone on a Mac experienced ArchiCAD refusing to "Hide" after using for some undetermined period of time?
I can't seem to replicate the condition that initiates the problem, although it is possible that it occurs after opening a new instance of ArchiCAD. ArchiCAD is the only problem application so have to assume that it is an ArchiCAD problem and not a system fault. As has just happened, even quitting ArchiCAD and restarting the program does not always fix the problem.
I've reported the problem locally but they can't replicate it.
I'd like to hear if anyone else has experienced it at any time.
Rich Matthews

Mac Pro (2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5/ 32.0 GB RAM, Cinema HD 30” & 4K 27” Monitors; AC24 AUS Full/Mac OS X 10.13.6
PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.9 GHz 8-core 32GB; 4K 32” Monitor ; AC25 AUS Full/Twinmotion 2021.1/Win10
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this problem occasionally. It also seems to occur with InDesign. Not predictable nor reproducible as far s I can see.
Dwight
Newcomer
SEEMS TO BE FIXED IN 12.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
SEEMS TO BE FIXED IN 12.
So far so good in RC2.
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Dwight wrote:
SEEMS TO BE FIXED IN 12.
So far so good in RC2.
no - i've had it intermittently during the 12 testing . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Dwight wrote:
SEEMS TO BE FIXED IN 12.
So far so good in RC2.
no - i've had it intermittently during the 12 testing . . .

~/archiben
I saw it too, but not lately.

You're still getting it?
Stress Co_
Advisor
Happens to me in 11.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
You're still getting it?
yes, just the other day - and i'm using the final release build now. i have a feeling it's not necessarily a GS thing: it typically only rears its head when i have more than one version of AC running. and by that i mean 10 & 11 or 11 & 12. gut feeling is that it's a WIBU conflict . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
I've had it happen that cmd-H will no longer hide, but going to the app menu will work... Is that what you're talking about, or is it a case where even from the menu it will not hide?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
I've had it happen that cmd-H will no longer hide, but going to the app menu will work... Is that what you're talking about, or is it a case where even from the menu it will not hide?
When it happens, ArchiCAD will not hide by any means. You should also be able to move to another application and automatically hide the one you left by holding down the alt (option) key when you click on the other application's window, but even this fails.

The other side of the coin, which is worse, is that ArchiCAD sometimes fails to show again after being hidden. Bizarrely, it still responds to key commands, but nothing happens on-screen and nothing will make it reappear. In some cases the only way out is to force-quit.
Ralph Wessel BArch