BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC12 Complex Profile invisible "Handles"

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi I'm having a problem getting the Stretch "Handles" to be visible. I can see the Opening Reference handles but the horizontal and vertical stretch handles I just can not see.

If I put the current tool onto the line tool and "select all" it will select the opening reference lines but the stretch handles don't seem to show at all. I've also treied zooming extents but again nothing.

Anyone else had this issue?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
fuzzytnth3
Booster
As you were, restarted ArchiCAD and all is well.

update....

It's not working again!! I set one complex profile up with vertical stretch where I wanted it, then I duplicated it, when I tried to edit the new Profile the stretch handles disappeared plus I also noticed the eyeball icon and tick box now do not respond.
screenshot 16.jpg
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Karl Ottenstein
Glad to hear this isn't just me. (Well, 'glad' isn't the right word, I suppose!)

I made a note of some crazy behavior in the profile editor in 12 last week and have not had time to reproduce it to send in a bug report.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have disappearing stretch handles, on AC12.2523, whenever I create a new profile. Any workarounds, or does this still remain an unfixed bug?

1) I opened Profile Manager and duplicated an existing profile. The stretch handles were there. Played around a bit with it and then closed PM and didn't save the changes.
2) Opened PM again later and created a new profile. COuldn't get stretch handles to appear no matter what. Saved the profile
3) Duplicated the original profile I opened in step 1). This time - no stretch handles!
Learn and get certified!