Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import Sketchup drawing into ArchiCAD12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. Brand new to this as of yesterday and going through the tutorials. This sure seems like the real deal if I can get through the learning curve. We started our landscape and remodel plan in Sketchup before finding out about ArchiCAD.

Is there a way to import a Sketchup design into ArchiCAD12? I see that this is officially supported in ArchiCAD11, but trying to find a workaround for this new installation.

Appreciate your help!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that the AC12 add-on is not ready yet so the workaround for now would be to import to version 11, save and then open in 12.

If you don't have a copy of AC11 around you should be able to get it from your dealer. It also seems that it can still be downloaded as a trial version here.

I believe that this will run as a fully functional copy for 30 days, but it should also automatically run as a fully licensed copy in the presence of a hardware key.

You will also need to download the Sketchup add-on here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In addition :

AC11 supports SketchUp import only on XP / Vista !

There's no add-on available for AC10 and AC11 on Mac PPC / MacIntel.
If needed, try AC9 for import SU 5 files.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm. . .Was afraid it would be something like that. We're running under Vista, but the ArchiCAD trial version download link says it's to download the latest version, which turned out to be ArchiCAD12 just yesterday.

Wonder if we can still get v11, and whether it would still install with v12 on the machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OhmEye wrote:
hmmm. . .Was afraid it would be something like that. We're running under Vista, but the ArchiCAD trial version download link says it's to download the latest version, which turned out to be ArchiCAD12 just yesterday.

Wonder if we can still get v11, and whether it would still install with v12 on the machine.
I am running 12, 11 and (rarely) 10 on my new Mac Pro in Mac, Vista (32 & 64), XP with no problems. There is no problem installing multiple versions.

I guess you just missed the chance to grab a copy of 11 online. Your dealer or nearby user should be able to help you out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I emailed Graphisoft to see if they had a workaround or v11 posted somewhere, but no reply so far.

In the meantime, we're just proceeding to enter the data directly into ArchiCAD. This is giving us a chance to take a few more measurements which are useful, too.

Thank you for your help with all this!

David
Thomas Holm
Booster
OhmEye wrote:
In the meantime, we're just proceeding to enter the data directly into ArchiCAD. This is giving us a chance to take a few more measurements which are useful, too.
If you want it just for reference, you can (from Sketchup Pro) save as a 3D dwg and open that as an object from Archicad. Works on Mac too.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1