Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows in Brick Veneer Walls v12

christiandcdc
Participant
I just upgraded to v12 and am mystified by the new window "reveal/wall closure" options. I have a very typical brick veneer wall with a brick sill, but no brick molding. The brick veneer option insists that I have a reveal on the outside.

If I use one of the other options such as "no reveal", I loose the option of having a brick sill (strangely, I can still have a masonry arch).

In previous versions, I could turn off the reveal for a veneer wall so that the masonry opening was the same at the unit size. Is there something I am missing in v12?
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Lion 10.12.4
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
AC 20 USA
3 REPLIES 3
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Sorry I don't have an answer for you question, but I share the frustration with the reveals / trims / sills for windows.

I do a lot of psuedo traditional homes and need to have windows INSET into a thick wall AND have the exterior trim WRAP back into the jamb. When I place a trim on a window, AC pushes the window flush to the outside.

Or same circumstance with a different "wall type" in the window parameter will place the trim to the outside but not wrap it back to the recessed window.

I have been creating my own trim objects to compensate.

v16?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Duane
I too have struggled with this issue.
Were you able to create using "save 3D model as" or did you
have to use GDL Script to accomplish this?
Obviously no GDL experience here, (but hope springs eternal).
Any lead much appreciated.
Thanks
Bier
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Bier wrote:
Hi Duane
I too have struggled with this issue.
Were you able to create using "save 3D model as" or did you
have to use GDL Script to accomplish this?
Obviously no GDL experience here, (but hope springs eternal).
Any lead much appreciated.
Thanks
Bier
Typical scenario is to use PROFILER (The old one) and extrude a Stone Section along a path (usually an archtop window). Once the profile is complete I use one line of GDL to tip it upright (rotx 90).

If I'm feeling daring, I'll also use a couple of gdl creations that I made to SEO out some grout lines.

Process is pretty simple once you get used to it.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop