Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to crash AC12 - Complex Profiles and Sketch Render

Eduardo Rolon
I was teaching an AC class yesterday and managed to crash every single AC12 session, Mac and Win, 16 in total.

Procedure;

1. Open the attached mod file
2. Open the 3D window and select "save view and place on layout"
3. Open the view settings and change the 3D settings from "3D Window" to "Photo render…"
4. Update the placed view, it should be Sketch Render.
5. Switch to the 3D view
6. Open Complex Profiles and select the "00 crash" profile.
7. Still in the 3D window apply the profile to the 3 walls, it is the same as already applied.
8. Without deselecting the walls, switch to the Layout without going to the floor plan first either Exposé or clicking on the Navigator is ok.
9. CRASH
___
AFAIK it has to do with the curved profiled walls if they are straight sometimes it does not work.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

20 REPLIES 20
Karl Ottenstein
No problem here with your MOD, Eduardo.

So, the issue may be in your PLN file, something not included in the MOD. For example, the Sketch Render settings are not part of a MOD...I had the default render settings for the last file opened (standard US template - only used by me for bug reproduction), which was a LW render.

There was no profile 00 Crash in the mod file - the walls were assigned 'Custom'. I retreived the profile and saved it with a name, but it made no difference.

Perhaps you can reduce a PLN to the minimal file that reproduces the problem and post a zip of it?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
The pln is here.

http://homepage.mac.com/ejrolon/Shared_Proj/FileSharing34.html

Still crashing, in this file you don't have to place the view just open the 3d view apply the profile and switch to the layout.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
Did it.
Works fine.
Sympathy.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Ok, I tried again and did a screen cast of the crash. The movie is at the same link.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
We believe you.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Dwight wrote:
We believe you.
I know but can you duplicate?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
just open the 3d view apply the profile and switch to the layout.
Yes, crashed for me.

Tested further (as I'm sure you have!) - and if I again apply the profile in the 3D window, then open the view to see the Sketch Render and/or go to Drawing Manager to update the drawing, there is no problem. The crash is only when the drawing update is begun automatically by AC 12 from the layout sheet.

Have you submitted this to tech support, or do you want me to enter it?

Sorry,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Karl,

You can submit it you have a more direct line and I am not clear to whom I have to email the info (except Bug reporter). I'll keep the files online for the next couple of days just in case.

Yep, it looks as if the auto update is the problem, but only if it is a curved custom profile.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Submitted. 😉

I notice that both Eduardo and I are on MacTel OS 10.5

It would be interesting to hear (and save GS some time) if the crash happens on Windows too...?

Cheers,
Karl