Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

is ArchiCAD for projects on sloping site?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I'd like to ask ArchiCAD users if there is a solution for this, or at least just raise an issue.

I am designing about 5 blocks of 4-story appartment on a sloping site, using ArchiCAD11.

I'd like to insert all appartment blocks into the main .plp. The issue is that the story setting in the main plp does not allow us to put each block of appartment into the right level. (e.g block 1 has ground floor @3000mm above sea level while block 2 has ground floor @3250mm above sea level).

It's even more complicated since there are heaps of appartment units already inserted in each block of appartment as well.

And it is really a headache trying to show all ground floor level at the same time for landscaping.

Tech Support is already contacted, the solution they gave was to use something like workspace or creating fragments of different view next to each other to create a "whole site ground floor plan". But this is not what we need.

Do you have any suggestion for this?
Thank you for your help.
Minh
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
I suggest that you use the layout method [sort of like cut-and-paste] since your output is only required to be a plan and not mess with the model at all as was suggested to you.

-- arrange a layer combination that doesn't show interiors to act as a site plan.

create a view and layout for it.

Then place floor plans for each of the buildings on the layout where they belong within the site. Perhaps a floor slab is a good placement cue.

This is all hearsay - others here will have more specific knowledge.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight, your suggestions is quite useful for 2D plans.

I forgot to mention, that problem is best observed when we try to generate whole site elevations/sections.

Although each block has its own grid, all individual blocks are stuck to one universal grid of the main .plp, we see no way to put them on the right vertical location.
Karl Ottenstein
See if this thread helps:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24347

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB