Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

auto join together of wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
i know archicad is very intelligent that it connect walls automatically when they meet together.

what if i want to put them together but without this connecting function?

i'm making a corner wall, but i don't want them to join together
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Angus,

Be sure that the reference lines don't touch each other...
Hope it helps...
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Braza wrote:
Hi Angus,

Hope it helps...
You could do this... but it is far from ideal.
Create two layers, each with a different Intersection Group -- walls placed on these two layers will not intersect with each other. For instance, we usually have two different layers for masonry vs. stud construction -- also a must when working with new vs. existing construction vs. demolition.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Barry Kelly
Laura wrote:
Braza wrote:
Hi Angus,

Hope it helps...
Create two layers, each with a different Intersection Group -- walls placed on these two layers will not intersect with each other. For instance, we usually have two different layers for masonry vs. stud construction -- also a must when working with new vs. existing construction vs. demolition.
And don't forget that you can select the wall you want to trim/extend and then while the wall tool is active you can CTRL click on the edge you want to trim/extend to.
This stops the wall automatically trimming to the other wall's reference line if you don't want it to.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
__archiben
Booster
if you want to get complicated, there are also wall skin priorities to consider . . .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=82488#82488

(works for me . . )

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Laura wrote:
Braza wrote:
Hi Angus,

Hope it helps...
And don't forget that you can select the wall you want to trim/extend and then while the wall tool is active you can CTRL click on the edge you want to trim/extend to.
This stops the wall automatically trimming to the other wall's reference line if you don't want it to.

Barry.
thx barry and all

this method is much easier for me