Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

multiplying an object along a spline?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never been able to work out if its possible to quickly multiply an object along a spline with automatic rotation aligning to the spline. I have always just used to divisions of the spline to place the object manually (say fence posts) along the spline and rotated each to suit. There must be a quicker way to do this! Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Stress Co_
Advisor
In the case of a pole fence.... Create a new linetype and select it for your spline. Not perfect as the rails seem to bend with the spline, but it's quick.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
There was such an add-on for AC9 by Oleg. I think his firm was called Arexline. I have tried the demo version and it performed marvelously, as all his other add-ons. Try contacting him throgh the forum!

For 2D Marc's tip is great - I will use it in the future!
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm, I can't seem to get anywhere with Arexline just on the web as it just seems like a directory of software and vendors. I might contact him though.

Yeah custom line types are cool - i havent tried them in 10, I wonder if they can actually let you hatch any shapes you make in the line type now - say the fence posts, would be very cool if you can.

This multiplying an object along a spline is quite an important feature in my mind anyway and im sure its not beyond the scope of the graphisoft engineers to make it. It seems like they overlook a lot of stuff on the modelling front which is a shame. oh well can anyone say if this is planned for the next version?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggest they should directly buy Oleg's add-on and include it in the Goodies folder! As well as his RXMaterials add-on!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
kliment wrote:
As well as his RXMaterials add-on!
...and what is this?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:

...and what is this?

An add-on which automatically identifies all the materials, used in a custom-made-library-parts and lets you assign them parametric names. So different material could be reassigned to each part of custom-made-library-parts like with the original AC objects.
Anonymous
Not applicable