Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Is this possible (and if so, how)?

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Our office has implemented the National CAD Standard, which Door Marker standard is as attached (not the NCS Marker as provided in AC).

My question is: is there a way to have the Marker recognize the door opening direction/orientation so that it can automatically be placed (i.e. I do not want users to have to drag hotspots around for each individual opening). I've noticed the WIDO_ global variables, but I'm not sure how to implement them, since the Marker is associated to the door, but not a part of the Door object.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is possible, but not trivial. There are several interacting rotations/relations to account for, and some conditions that require custom doors (or custom adaptations to standard doors) to be fully automatic. I am actually working on this for some of my clients right now.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ah, yes -- that's what I suspected -- thankfully, I haven't spent too much time straining my eyes over it -- let me know if you are successful -- LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5