Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to rotate through X axis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've drawn a slab on plan and want it to be upright, how do i rotate it through the X axis?

i was once shown how to save out the slab as an object then edit the script of the object adding the line "rot y" or something but i cant remember how it was done?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't even need to edit the script. Just look at the slab (only) in a 3D view set to the elevation of the side you want to become the top. Then save the 3D as a library part. ArchiCAD will automatically make the adjustments for you, though you may need to clean up the 2D symbol a bit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you can change the settings of the slab you already drew?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you mean. You can edit the GDL script or you can change the original slab and resave the part.
Barry Kelly
percybigun wrote:
i've drawn a slab on plan and want it to be upright, how do i rotate it through the X axis?

i was once shown how to save out the slab as an object then edit the script of the object adding the line "rot y" or something but i cant remember how it was done?
Unfortunately you can't just rotate a slab unless you change it into an object as mentioned earlier.

If you want to model something horizontal and it will remain horizontal - use the slab tool.

If you want to model something vertical and it will remain vertical - use the wall tool.
Although now in V10 you can incline a wall - but you don't say what version you use.

If you want an inclined slab use the roof tool - then you can adjust the pitch at any time to be what you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11