BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Hotfix #2 (build 2325) for ArchiCAD 12 is now available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear ArchiCAD-Talkers,

Hotfix #2 (build 2325) is now available for INT, USA and GER versions of ArchiCAD 12 through the automatic update system, or by clicking 'Check for updates...' in Help menu. This Hotfix can be applied to any previous build of ArchiCAD (2156 or higher), and any license types (FULL, EDU, TRIAL)
Please take a moment to read the Release Notes, especially if you are using Hotlinks, as there are important changes concerning the layer management in Hotlinks.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
22 REPLIES 22
schagemann
Enthusiast
just wondering if it is only me or if anybody else has wondered about the amount and variety of issues that has been "fixed" by the latest hotfix (which by the way is still not available for the AUS version)?

although i am appreciating that graphisoft do fix bugs i am suprised by the seemingly basic nature of some of the bugs that this hotfix addresses. IMHO there must be something seriously wrong with graphisoft's quality assurance system.

although we consider ourselves early adopters, waiting for all the new marvellous functions every year, luckily we have not committed yet to AC12 on real projects...

how are other AC users handling new versions? has anybody transferred all their projects to AC12 yet?

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Karl Ottenstein
schagemann wrote:
although i am appreciating that graphisoft do fix bugs i am suprised by the seemingly basic nature of some of the bugs that this hotfix addresses. IMHO there must be something seriously wrong with graphisoft's quality assurance system.
I kind of want to put on a pseudo-partial-graphisoft-apologist cap for a moment as a tester for years (like many here)... Of course, I really don't know what is truly happening inside the 'system' though. 😉

I think the Graphisoft QA process is working well and as it should. I don't see anything 'seriously wrong', as you do.

I know that GS's intent is to assign resources to high priority bugs first - and so it is good to see the number of crash-related bugs that are fixed.

It is also a credit to the QA process that so many bugs were found and logged.

It is new and refreshing to get a list of fixed bugs that is as detailed as in the last two release notes (hotfixes 1 and 2). But, what is not apparent to most end-users from the one-line bug system subject is the unseen detail behind the bug report. Some of those things sound pretty serious, but happen in particularly unusual circumstances. Unusual enough that they may not have necessarily been picked up during beta, or if they were, that they were not considered high priority.

Besides priorities for bug-fix management, some bugs get fixed - but then something related (or worse, identical) gets 'broken' by some subsequent development or fix. In that case, an old bug report may be re-opened. So, if you see a bug number that looks kind of low in the release notes, it does not necessarily mean that a bug has sat around for a long time - but that it is fixed again, perhaps with different causal circumstances.

I have issues that bug me - such as the bizarre behavior of AC with Spaces that you mentioned in another thread. I sure wish that would get fixed - and that we would get a library update for 12 (and the 11 migration library) like really really soon...and I hope that they have been doing QA on the library rather than just recording our complaints here. Don't know. But I do feel assured that they are working on what they consider highest priority issues first with the resources that they have.

Taking off my apologist cap now,

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erich
Contributor
schagemann,

All of our projects are on 12 with the only exceptions being those started in 11 and already in CA. I have only experienced a minor issue with the master disappearing from the layouts (it now seems to be fixed with the latest hotfix) but it certainly did not prevent work from moving forward.

Given the major speed improvements as well as the other new tools in 12, I would switch, particularly if you already own it. I now find myself dreading whenever I must open a project in 11.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Thomas Holm
Booster
Erich wrote:
schagemann,

All of our projects are on 12 with the only exceptions being those started in 11 and already in CA...

...Given the major speed improvements as well as the other new tools in 12, I would switch, particularly if you already own it. I now find myself dreading whenever I must open a project in 11.
Totally agreed!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am having trouble updating ONE of my 8 installs to 2325. The mac installer seems fine (opens up, finds the appropriate AC12), but gives an ERROR at about 2% complete.

Any Ideas? I am guessing I'll have to re-install from DVD.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
I am having trouble updating ONE of my 8 installs to 2325. The mac installer seems fine (opens up, finds the appropriate AC12), but gives an ERROR at about 2% complete.

Any Ideas? I am guessing I'll have to re-install from DVD.
Hi Duane,

I'm guessing it is a permissions problem. I had a friend with a similar issue and Repair Permissions (via Disk Utility) did not fix the problem, but the following did:

Find your Application > Graphisoft > ArchiCAD 12 folder and do a cmd-I to bring up the folder info. See screenshot.

In the Sharing & Permisions panel, click the padlock to unlock (admin pw), then click on each permision in turn and click on the Apply to enclosed items pop-up menu item to apply those permissions to everything in the ArchiCAD 12 folder.

The update applied normally for my friend after this. No idea how/why his or your permissions might have gotten messed up.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thanx! That did the trick.

I just wasted 3 hours yesterday trying to convert Photoshop Elements Trial to the license I just bought. No luck there eiter... After numerous ADOBE CLEANSINGs!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
rm
Expert
I have just downloaded and installed build 2325 MacTel. Now AC 12 will not launch. Yes I have full admin rights to install software. Attached is the error I get over and over when trying to launch the application.

Another note, when getting update from within the application, GS downloads the WRONG format update. I was getting the PPC version even though I am running a MacTel machine.

It is a MacBook Pro 2.8 running 10.5.5, if that matters.

So, for the time being, I cant work.....thanks GS.
Picture 3.png
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Eduardo Rolon
As a side note it is possible to run PPC apps in Intel cpu's that is the purpose of Rosetta.

I am guessing that you could have mistakenly installed the PPC version of AC12, thus the reason for the updater downloading the wrong one, and after installing the Intel one into a PPC installation AC cannot start. This is just a guess, so a reinstall is my suggestion.

HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

rm
Expert
ejrolon wrote:
As a side note it is possible to run PPC apps in Intel cpu's that is the purpose of Rosetta.

I am guessing that you could have mistakenly installed the PPC version of AC12, thus the reason for the updater downloading the wrong one, and after installing the Intel one into a PPC installation AC cannot start. This is just a guess, so a reinstall is my suggestion.

HTH
Thanks but:

1. I didnt buy a MacTel to only to run the PPC versions of applications.
2. I didnt install the PPC version of the application, I tossed it in the trash once I got the error message that prevents you from installing the PPC version of AC12 onto a MacTel machine.....so I guess that kills your theory.
3. GS needs to fix the way it reads what software your running when one checks for current version. If the website downloads the PPC version when I am running the MacTel version, that is a GS problem, not user error.

Fact remains, I used the update that downloaded from the GS site for MacTel.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!