BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope someone can help me with this because I'm at a loss. I drew up my floor plan and everything was fine. Now when I go back into it my first floor walls don't show up on the plan, but show up as dotted walls on my basement plan. I have my first floor project at 0 and my walls are also set to 0. Does someone have an answer for this? It's very frustrating. I've also checked my pens and the walls are set to use a black pen. This is the first time that I've come across this. When I use my section tool and my elevations the walls show up, but not on the floor plan. Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Grantham
Advocate
You might check to see what the home story for the walls are. Make sure it is not your basement level. Sometimes if the wall at one time protruded down to the basement level it will retain the basement level as the home story.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Thomas Holm
Booster
AC version? Platform? Put it in you signature.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I'm using version 12 on PC. The walls never protruded down to the basement. Thanks
Thomas Holm
Booster
Select the walls in the 3D window and set their home story to the first floor. Also check that their cut line pen is visible (in the pen set), and if they are not high enough to be cut, lower the FPCP (Document>FloorPlanCutPlane)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!