BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors in V12-What is evryone using?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm setting up all possible doors that we might need in our projects. We need 1 of every kind. Single , double, with sidelites, without, with sidelites and transoms , some with transoms but no sidelites. It almost seems when I change my door I need to change the object. Isn't there an easier way? There isn't one door I can use for exterior and one for interior that will be able to meet all my needs? And why isn't there? Why does ArchiCAD use 1,000 different doors and each one operates and is set up differently than the next. One objects lets you turn off sidelites the next one doesn't. This is not helping me save time and money. It's wasting it. And then you update and have to redo all your doors because everything changes!!!!

Does everyone have a separate door and window object they use and they just bring that object to the next update? Does everyone buy a different object than what is offered in Archicad? Why isn't more people going crazy because the door and window objects are so un useful. They're even painful to use.

Thanks,
Michele
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
One word - DoorandWindowBuilder

OK so it should be four words.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the australian essentials library has one door that does pretty much all that...
are u able to get hold of that library??? only problem is it would be in mm not inchs
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use only Wood Plastic Doors and Windows, and it's almost always Casement Windows.
I also use Windows for balcony doors and used to manually draw the opeinng line. In 12 windows have this option built-in.
If you want to have aluminium dorrs and windows in your building, it is very difficult to make a Door look like the Windows beside it, though in practice they are made from the same profile!
Anonymous
Not applicable
wish-list 😉
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
s2art wrote:
One word - DoorandWindowBuilder

OK so it should be four words.
Same here.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
So the answer is basically buy something else that works. It seems so simple to have them as the basic building pieces of Archicad.

That is the frustrating part,
Michele
Erika Epstein
Booster
You might also try Neil McCann's Smart Parts.
http://ddgi.com/

Yes it would be best if we had a well worked out set of doors and windows.

With any of the suggestions, evaluate the styles you use and how well what each of the suggestions do for your needs. Also check out their ability and ease of learning and scheduling.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!