BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Weld Slabs???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to unify the slabs that have been split ??

(sorry if it was a basic question, but i couldn`t find it, and I am new to archicad system, which by the way, I`m lovin it

thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
No, but with one slab selected, add the other slab(s) by magic wanding with the ADD TO POLYGON button.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Barry Kelly
Erika wrote:
No, but with one slab selected, add the other slab(s) by magic wanding with the ADD TO POLYGON button.
Then delete all the other slab(s) afterwards.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Djordje
Ace
Man, you do need training ... asking questions here is not going to teach you, but will waste lot of effort and time.

Did you go through the Training manuals and ITGs?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Jere
Expert
Exuse me for asking, but how is asking any question a waste of time? Don't want to waste your time, then don't answer.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a waste of time because everyone's too elitist to waste time answering your petty questions, newbie
nah, just kidding.
But on a serious note replies like that do not encourage an open community feel and does not contribute to learning or helping others with ArchiCAD.
the only reason I logged on was to expand my knowledge of the program by reading what other members have to say and learn from their problems/solutions. And if I can help anyone with their problems along the way then I'd be too glad to share my experience.
What does it really achieve when you talk down to someone, especially on an ambiguous medium like the internet?

It was a legitimate question, can you join slabs?
Answer was 'No'
Thank you, let's move on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Charlee wrote:
It was a legitimate question, can you join slabs?
Answer was 'No'
Thank you, let's move on.
No, the answer is YES, use the ADD TO option from the pet palette, with the magic wand (spacebar), then delete the original extra slab. (Of course, they must touch or overlap for this to work)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too consider this as a legimate question.
In ArchiCAD we wouldn't practice 'unify' but something more like Slab Consolidation :lol:

Linework- and Fill Consolidation do a great job, Slabs can be integrated in future releases? Just curious.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too would like the option to merge slabs (and roofs and meshes) but this assumes that they are the same height, thickness, etc. which really amounts to special case condition (albeit a common one). For the sake of consistency and simplicity it is probably better just to stick with the extra clicks of the pet palette and magic wand.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the people that helped me.
Yes, I'm a newbie. and I don't want to waste other peoples time and effort.
Different as it was said, I think this channel, this forum, helped me a lot.
In my area there are no teacher of Archicad, so I'm learning to myself, to the graphisoft training, and with all the people of good will.
And I hope to help someone like some people are helping me, especially Erika, David Maudlin, Angus lee, rucailo, Peter Devlin,Wrathchild, ejrolon and many more.
I'm sad that in an open forum came answers like " go to a training".
And I think if is a great effort to respond some questions, they shouldn't.
But I'm glad that this forum is crowded with people of good will that don't think that helping other is a wast of time.
Thanks a lot
Learn and get certified!