Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotfix for ArchiCAD 11 and 12

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

We have released new Hotfixes for both ArchiCAD 12 and 11 today. The automatic program update in ArchiCAD will notify you about the availability of this update, or you can always use the “Check for Updates” command in ArchiCAD’s Help menu to download the Hotfix manually.

Please read the release notes with the list of fixed bugs here:
Release notes for ArchiCAD 11 Hotfix#7 (build 1259): http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC11-1200to1259-ReleaseNotes.html
Release notes for ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix#4 (build 2523): http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC12-2420to2523-ReleaseNotes.html

Please note that new plotter drivers are available for Canon HPGL-compatible large format printers. The new drivers will be installed by the ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix.
For Archicad 11 you can download them from here: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/Canon%20Plotter%20Drivers.html

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
I expect to get this...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would think in such as case that the two Windows do not have the exact same parameter set and names and this causes this result.
I would think that if you tried to inject the parameter of a single Window into another single Window that should work. But if you are trying to inject the parameters of a single Window into a double Window, that may not give the result you are looking for. See, a double Window inevitably will have a different structure, and because of that, parameter set than a single Window so parameter transfer may not work as you would expect it to.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the whole point of injecting paremeters was you can start with a simple configuration (f.e. all Fixed Windows) and replace by other, more detailed, window types when the design grows. Of course you have to set extra parameters for additional options. Anyway, this is how I did before.
As far as I can tell other window types seem to act fine...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I was just trying to give some insight into how this thing works and why there are cases when it may not work the way one would think.
This parameter transfer thing works in such a way that if both objects (the one from which you transfer and the one you transfer to) have the a parameter with the same parameter name and parameter type, then that parameter value will be transferred.
A single window may have a parameters called sashwidth. But a double window may have two parameters called sashwidthleft and sashwidthright. So the value of the parameter sashwidth will not be transferred from the single window to the double window because there is no such parameter in that other window.
This is a hypothetical example but I hope you get what I am trying to say: it cannot be guaranteed that all parameters of all library parts will always be transferred to another library part that has different aspect to it.

If you start with a Fixed Window then try to inject its parameters into a double sash transom window, it is not guaranteed that the result will be what you expect, based on the things I wrote above.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,
Thank you for the additional information.
Let me clearify my point :
When I place a new window W Feature 1 12 in my project I can easily change to W Feature 2 12 (with parameter transfer), it works fine as usual. No comments.
On the other hand, when I open existing files (before library hotfix) that have W Feature 1 12 window types in it, they no longer support the parameter transfer so I have to replace one by one and reset parameters from scratch!!!
Definitely a bug

EDIT :
Existing W1 Casement 12 > W Feature 2 12 for example works fine so it might be an issue only between the Feature window types...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I don't know if this is a bug or not, I was more like trying to give you an idea of how it works.
If you think it is a bug you should definitely report it to you local reseller.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest AC12 INT Library update but when I try to run the update I receive the following message ..........LIB12-INT-2611-Win.exe is not a valid Win32 application.......... Anyone else experiencing this problem?
vistasp
Advisor
fool wrote:
I have just downloaded the latest AC12 INT Library update but when I try to run the update I receive the following message ..........LIB12-INT-2611-Win.exe is not a valid Win32 application.......... Anyone else experiencing this problem?
This kind of error usually points to a corrupt file. You might want to try downloading again.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |