BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Views going blank

Anonymous
Not applicable
this has been happening quite a bit to me lately and cant work out why.
I set up a perspective view of my model, save the view into my view map ad a generic perspective, then place that/them on the cover sheet of my layout set and happy days.

But sometimes when I open a drawing up to print some copys, every so often then views have gone blank.. jump in the view map to look at them and there blank in there aswell.. as if the camera has been moved and resaved.. but I cant have done this by accident cos it will happen to ALL perspective views, not just one…???????

not to bad an issue, but it get really anoying having to redoe 4-6 perpevtives and re place them on the layout etc..
21 REPLIES 21
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What layer combination do you have assigned to your saved view?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
just one i set up to show all external elements. walls post fencing roof etc...

shouldnt make any differnce if the view is saved in teh view map
Anonymous
Not applicable
bump
Anonymous
Not applicable
never had this but as a thought, could you lock the cameras once you've sorted their positions? on plan... select and lock them?
Chazz
Enthusiast
It happens, and it has been happening since V10. There has been other reporting on it here (some from moi). I'd call it a bug but it is so sporadic and difficult to reproduce that I'm doubtful it will ever get fixed unless the whole approach is changed.

Though the view generation takes longer, I'd recommend trying a 3D document instead.

Personally, for myself and my workflow I generate a fly-through of 8 or so cameras and then convert the resulting images to PDF (this can be quickly done as a batch operation in Photoshop, Preview, GraphicsConverter, etc). These PDF's are then dropped into the layouts (use PDF so that they auto update for future revisions). Because the generation time of the fly-through is so fast, this method --depending on settings can be much faster than placing saved views on the layouts.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
ahh ok, so its not just me.. just one of AC's added features LOL.

i should really be doing renders and saving them as an image and adding them as an external item.. but it so mush easier to just save teh view and dump it on the page.. and that way it updates itself when i make changes to teh model.
Chazz
Enthusiast
GeNOS wrote:
but it so mush easier to just save teh view and dump it on the page.. and that way it updates itself when i make changes to teh model.
My point in bringing up my technique is that, even though it is not 100% automated, it is frequently faster than placing 3D views. As your experience confirms, it is definitely more reliable. I have deadlines and I need to do what works.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
GeNOS wrote:
ahh ok, so its not just me.. just one of AC's added features LOL.

i should really be doing renders and saving them as an image and adding them as an external item.. but it so mush easier to just save teh view and dump it on the page.. and that way it updates itself when i make changes to teh model.
Also a good way of doing "batch" rendering - set up a whole lot of views and let them update overnight.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sweet, ill give that method a go

cheers guys
Learn and get certified!