BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Converter - fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
All,
I have Archicad 9 and while printing to a pdf format all the cover fills are not translated correctly. In plotmaker they look fine but in PDF are gray and very small.

I tried to change the display options for fill to original entity but the walls are shaded too and are not coming out correctly.

I would like to know if you have screened walls (screened i.e. 75%) and cover fill (i.e. ceramic tiles) how to create a pdf correctly with both looking correct.

P.S. If I print to my plotter everything looks fine...it is just the pdf export does not work.

Help! Help!

Thak you!!

DDJUSA
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Best option: Upgrade! PDF creation has been improved in both AC10 and AC11.

But to streamilne PDF creation, the best way to get percentage fills is to use a gray pen and a solid fill. Much smaller filesize, no scaling problems etc. Avoid bit-map patterned and percentage fills in combination with PDFs. (They are better in AC11, though.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas,
Thank you.
I actually planning to upgrade; however due to financial constraints I can't right now.

I will use the gray pen solid fill.
THX
DR
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which operating system are you using?

If it is a Mac and by default opening those pdf files with Preview, yes it did happened to me several times, I guess Preview is not written to handle cover vector fills.

I opened it up with Adobe Reader latest version everything seems to work fine.

Worths to give it a try.
Learn and get certified!