BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

generative components for rhino

Dennis Lee
Booster
Something I stumbled upon today, which shows how rhino's version of generative components work. I don't know if this is the latest or the best, just thought it's nice to know and share what's going on out there.

I think something like this could be modeled or programmed w/ GDL easily as well, but the interaction of inputting formulas / actions and seeing them real time, as well as the UI for adjusting all those functions was totally awesome.

I wonder if we can have this kind of environment for AC or GDL some day.

http://designreform.net/2008/05/29/rhino-tower-massing-with-explicit-and-implicit-history/
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
2 REPLIES 2
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I watched the video - it is really awesome!
I reckon there would be a possibility to use the principal of Rhino's explicit history (which is virtually a relational database) where each GDL command (relevant to the current geometry) could be 'a procedure' linked to each other visually... very exciting.

A great link mate. thanks.
::rk
Dennis Lee
Booster
I wonder if there is any talented programmer out there who can put together an environment like this for GDL. I wish I was a programmer, then I would love to do a project like that, knowing how much of a barrier GDL is for so many architects using AC.

Maybe the talented programmers at GS can do something like this, or maybe just approach the programmers who did this to do one for them.

I think a 3d script environment that looks like this would be so cool...
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Learn and get certified!