BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Opening Archicad (*) problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning everyone!
I have this problem for a long time now, it happens when I open Archicad or another program I use . I thought that at least you could tell me why archicad does this. Its really annoying I have to Continue and continue for like 5-7 times.
Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Wendy,

It looks like a Windows error, rather than an ArchiCAD error. It would also be useful to post an enlarged cropped image so people can actually read the error message, as it is virtually unreadable due to image compression currently!

You could also try pasting the error codes into google. It may bring up some suggestions.

edit - I was curious and put 'windows - no disk' into google which came up with a few suggestion, the most common one seemed to be connected with drive names - specifically not having the main drive called 'C' drive or the existence of a removable drive named 'C'. There are also suggestions of virus problems, and various windows updates causing it, so check your machine is fully updated and virus/malware-free also.

Hope that gives you something to start with. Your IT support person may be able to help further! Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry I thought the message could be read.
but you found it. Thats it! my root drive is E and I have a removable hard disk C.
I hope I can find a way to tell archicad to stop asking for drive c.

thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad I could help!

The only way to stop the messages fully seems to be to rename the drives, but I don't know what the implications may be, or even how to do it!. Maybe someone who knows about these things best tell you, as you could completely screw up your machine if it is wrong!

Hope you get it sorted soon!
Learn and get certified!