BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC12 Windows Casing Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a continuation of my previous post http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430 I've attached some images illustrating a problem about the 2D representation of windows' casing. It occurs when applying both left and right ganging, along with <1:50> option for the 2D detail level.
Does anyone know if this can be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Adrian Tudoreanu
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
As a continuation of my previous post http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430 I've attached some images illustrating a problem about the 2D representation of windows' casing. It occurs when applying both left and right ganging, along with <1:50> option for the 2D detail level.
... anybody? ... any ideas?
Thomas Holm
Booster
adytc wrote:
... anybody? ... any ideas?
OK here's one.
The display might be affected by other settings as well, like if y our wall and/or window is set to display Symbolic cut, Projected w or w/o Overhead.

Also, it may differ if you actually include the windows at the sides that are supposed to be ganged.

If the issue persists then, I guess it's a bug that you should report through your reseller. I've never seen it but that might be because I normally use the sill and board options as well when I want the casing. They seem to display all right regardless of scale and ganging.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
The display might be affected by other settings as well, like if y our wall and/or window is set to display Symbolic cut, Projected w or w/o Overhead.
Thank you Thomas for your suggestions. Indeed, this happens only for the Symbolic cut display option. After changing the pens for the 2d display, I've noticed that in fact only the outlines of the casing have disappeared (see attached screen shot). Anyway, this is getting really confusing.
Why is it happening only when both left and right ganging are checked? (if only one ganging is active, the casing displays just fine)
I've tried it in AC11 with the same settings, and it displays ok in 2d, (but there I've experienced another kind of problem, as described here http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

It's been a while since I posted my questions regarding the 2d display of casing when both left and right ganging options are enabled. I wasn't able to find a solution, so I thought to ask for help again. Can anyone confirm this behavior? And does anyone know a way to solve the problem? (please see the attached image)

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu

P.S.: The floor plan display is set to "symbolic". I have tried many windows from the INT library, with no luck.
Learn and get certified!