Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SketchUp with ArchiCAD 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does SketchUp work with ArchiCAD 10? If our salesmen use sketchup to sell buildings will I be able to download their drawings into AC10?
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Theoretically.

You will need to go to http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/sketchup.html and download the add-on. Once installed, it will let you merge or open sketchup files. Only version 5 skp files can be used in AC10 though.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The add-on was downloaded for AC10. When I tried to open a sketchup file which a client sent to us ArchiCAD crashed. I tried to open the file twice with the same result happening each time. Not sure which version of sketchup was used.

Do we need to upgrade to ArchiCAD 12 if we want to use sketchop?

Rich
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's why I said Theoretically. Experience shows that anything substantial in Sketchup will crash ArchiCAD.

You will definitely need to upgrade AC to open Sketchup 6 files. Keep in mind that there may also be accuracy issues with Sketchup files.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
From what I understand you are saying that it will be to difficutl for our salesmen (who sell ideas and buildings) to use sketchup to put their ideas on paper (to show the clients) and expect that the sketchup information will download into ArchiCAD 10 to complete the construction drawings?

On U Tube the ArchiVista resellers made it sound that very complex buildings can be drawn up in SketchUp and downloaded into ArchiCAD with no problem.

I found the 37 minute video by searching "SketchUp and ArchiCAD" on the internet.