Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Texture missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Entering the elevation mode all textures/materials are missing. How can I see in elevations mode what I see in 3d ?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
What version of AC and OS? The answer can vary between versions, but with later ones (AC11 for example) you can set the material and vectorial fill settings within the elevation tool itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 11 , OS WIN XP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check out the Model Display tab in Section / Elevation settings. You can show shaded / non shaded colours and vectorial fills associated with materials, (but not texture maps).

In previous versions this was a display setting rather than being set within the Section / Elevation tool itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my sections (actually pure elevations as no element is cut), everything shows up EXCEPT the roof shingles. I am struggling since upgrading to 12 from 10--many commands have been moved or changed, and I have worked through most, but this one has me stumped.

Any ideas?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Rip,
Can you elaborate and/or post screenshot of your section settings?
What layer are your shingles on? etc.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rip wrote:
In my sections (actually pure elevations as no element is cut), everything shows up EXCEPT the roof shingles. I am struggling since upgrading to 12 from 10--many commands have been moved or changed, and I have worked through most, but this one has me stumped.

Any ideas?
Are you sure that there is a vectorial fill associated with the roof material?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thomas Holm
Booster
Or if you were using the Roof Accessories, you'd have to download that Goodie along with its library and re-install it?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys--

my bad. I didn't mean TEXTURE, I meant hatch. I have attached a screen shot.

Was working in a program, doing some graphic art stuff, and it refers to hatches as textures. Sorry!

The screen shot is preliminary--just trying to get something out to start the pricing exercise. See--the hatch (shingles) is/are not showing up on the roof. All other views it is fine--plan, 3D, etc..
Hatch screen shot.jpg