BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall in ArchiCAD 12 - examples

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

Here is a nice example for the creative use of ArchiCAD 12’s Curtain Wall tool from James Bowers of Bermello, Ajamil and Partners, Miami, FL. If you have similar examples, please post it in this thread. We would be happy to feature some of the best on graphisoft.com.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
36 REPLIES 36
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Here's another one:
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Shivang Rajvir
Participant
awesome
ARCHICAD Lover

http://www.dimensionplus.in

Core i7 3.4 GHz, AC 9 to 22

MacBook Air Core i3 1.6 GHz - 8 Gb RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow nice one!
Any tips on how to create something like that?
Brett Brown
Advocate
syber wrote:
Exactly, nice pictures, but a extensive library of video tutorials on how to use these new tools by Graphisoft to create something like this would be invaluable to us all. Then it is not limited to the expert users only in big firms.

Why Graphisoft haven't done this for all new version enhancements has me bewildered. Surely with Screen Capture programs available today, there is no excuse not to have a Library of videos available to new and existing customers. Look what is on You Tube.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Brett wrote:
syber wrote:
Exactly, nice pictures, but a extensive library of video tutorials on how to use these new tools by Graphisoft to create something like this would be invaluable to us all. Then it is not limited to the expert users only in big firms.

Why Graphisoft haven't done this for all new version enhancements has me bewildered. Surely with Screen Capture programs available today, there is no excuse not to have a Library of videos available to new and existing customers. Look what is on You Tube.
Hi Brett,

We'll do that for AC12. Swedish only but hopefully an inspiration to others.
The hardest thing is not the tech part of recording but the storyline, voice, flow and so on...it can be quite tough to get it right sometimes...but it's a pure joy when it works.

I would't be surprised if the Virtual Tutor came up for AC12...it's well spent money to get everything into one DVD....same as the Professional Render DVD...I'd rather pay the very few bucks for that rather than wasting time finding it myself...

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Mats, The point being it shouldn't be up to individual resellers to supply tutorial video's. Archicad is Graphisoft's baby, they have the staff and resources to call upon, to get tutorials out to the users.

I am glad you make heaps in commission on sales that you can afford your time to make you own?

I never did get an answer from an European user on how much the upgrade price is from 11 to 12. Is it a secret? Or perhaps you could let me know what the Europeans are paying.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought I had read that the new curtainwall tool could not do these type of vertical curves. Am I wrong?
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Brett wrote:
Mats, The point being it shouldn't be up to individual resellers to supply tutorial video's. Archicad is Graphisoft's baby, they have the staff and resources to call upon, to get tutorials out to the users.

I am glad you make heaps in commission on sales that you can afford your time to make you own?

I never did get an answer from an European user on how much the upgrade price is from 11 to 12. Is it a secret? Or perhaps you could let me know what the Europeans are paying.
Comment 1: Our AC and the suggested workflow is heavily based on local standards and I don't think anyone else could/should do it. We haven't released AC12 yet so there's nothing to see on our web site apart from some hardly structured old tips'n'trix videos: http://www.graphisoft.se/Support/tips_tricks/tips_tricks.html
Maybe the language can amuse you!

Comment 2: We will make the videos in order to make life easier for new and existing users with the positive effect of having very happy users=helps me sell a good architectural tool! It's a win-win situation!

Comment 3: It's different between the many european countries. Subscription is normally much cheaper than occasional upgrades and you don't need to install and use every version.

Making these vids is great fun but it takes some time and thought. It's not Bergman screenplay but keeping the focus and direction is very important as well as having the right voice.

Cheers,
Mats

P.S We're Graphisoft...
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Mats, I congratulate you on your effects for your local users.

When I say Graphisoft I meant Headquarters.

Any Tutorial videos should be Headquarters responsiblity with there resources, and you as subsidiarys, can translate them into your language. Easier said than done granted.

Unfortunately I know subsidiarys make a lot of income from live Training and that probably hampers the making of Training videos.

Why so coy about Upgrade costs? Subs here are not a lot cheaper, especially compared to the US. I was told that European counties have an even larger upgrade price than us. Was just trying to confirm this.

Cheers
Learn and get certified!