BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

!Restored: post-hotfix buggy behavior paranoia

Anonymous
Not applicable
-With drawing items/objects/stuff selected, parameters edited in Info Box affect selection, but then Info Box loses info for still-selected item(s), showing either blank or default settings. Must re-select item to show proper info in box for further editing/verification. This is terribly annoying.

-3D window frequently shows nothing... dunno how I've switched back/forth from nothing showing to everything showing. Is curious. Did not notice this with previous build or v11.

-I'm getting a far more frequent appearance of the rainbow wheel while engaging in basic operations (drag, rotate, copy/paste, extend, etc).

-Ramps are locked into some sort of Riser ratio that doesn't allow for defining the ramp total height outside said ratio. Defined/locked parameters only related to length/width of ramp, and the riser/tread settings are grey and un-editable. But then, I've never used ramps before, and this may just be a funky tool issue (like so many others.....)
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jocelyn
Don't know much about macs, but
some of what you mention seems video card related..??
Does it happen more when your machine gets hot?
If so, besides getting more fans inside you can add small fan to outside to confirm your suspicions.
Old video card of mine had intermittent problems as machine got hotter.
What is "rainbow wheel"?
Bier
jbArch
Newcomer
-With drawing items/objects/stuff selected, parameters edited in Info Box affect selection, but then Info Box loses info for still-selected item(s), showing either blank or default settings. Must re-select item to show proper info in box for further editing/verification. This is terribly annoying.
I had this problem pre-hotfix and also after the hotfix. Not experiencing the other problems you mentioned, but I don't use ramps so I can't speak to that one.

Bier- Rainbow wheel (aka beach ball) is like the hourglass on windows.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Karl Ottenstein
Joceyln,

Your signature says OS 10.5.4 ... maybe just needs to be updated? You have downloaded 10.5.5, right? There are some graphics fixes in 10.5.5

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently 10.5.5, tho I don't know precisely when that happened re the occurrence of the problems I mentioned above. Hmm.

This won't fix my info box issue tho, eh? That's the one that's making me most grumpy. Or the ramp thing. Sigh.

Thanks y'all ... any further ideas and/or commiseration welcomed.
Barry Kelly
Jocelyn wrote:
I am guessing you have the Trace Reference on.
Try turning it off and you won't have trouble with the info bar - at least that is what I have found.
It only seems to be a problem when the trace reference is on.
But of course that doesn't help much when you need to use the trace does it?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm also suffering from the info box not displaying information when i have something selected...
am currently in the process of editing some fills and after each edit (like stretching an edge or a corner of a selected fill) the info box goes blank... as i'm not paying attention to it much and clicking on the next edge or corner i want to modify, it comes back to life but not after a long pause which when trying to work fast is a royal pain in the bum.
i should point out this is not limited to fills, i was modifying slabs, walls and a mesh yesterday and for something that should 've taken me 5 minutes to do it took twice as long with all this pausing and erroneous clicking on my part as i didn't have the patience to wait for it to sort itself out!
any help would be greatly appreciated!
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
This bug just in...

Open ArchiCAD and a project and EDIT a material. Choose the COLOR of the material to edit. First time works great. But then each subsequent time the COLOR PICKER DIALOG box does NOT show! It is obvious the materials box is waiting for the color picker to complete, but it's no where to be found.

This happens on MAC... Latest release
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
This bug just in...

Open ArchiCAD and a project and EDIT a material. Choose the COLOR of the material to edit. First time works great. But then each subsequent time the COLOR PICKER DIALOG box does NOT show! It is obvious the materials box is waiting for the color picker to complete, but it's no where to be found.

This happens on MAC... Latest release
Same configuration (latest Mac build, 10.5.6) and no problems - internal or LW panels. Is there any chance that you have some 3rd party add-ons loaded that interact with the Materials dialog, Duane?

Cheers
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Duane:

Ditto Karl's reply.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!