Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Profile Manager Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble with the Profile Manager showing the seperation lines or courses in a custom log wall profile. Maybe this is not possible? I have tried to use a different fill in adjacent courses which did not work. the log wall details options are very limited (poor in my opinion) which make for a very unrealistic section view of anything other than a round log.
anybody tried to do this type of thing?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a quick check and it seems to work for me, could you post a picture of how you set up the profile, and is the linework not showing up in elevations of the wall, or in sections through the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
linework is missing in elevation.
side elevation showing face shown next to manager.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think you will need to create a minute gap (eg 1/256") between each log to have the lines show up. Otherwise I think the adjoining fills will form one fill and you'll need to assign it a material, with an appropriate vectorial hatching assigned to it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just curious.
Can that be done with the split tool to save polygons?
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Don't know if the split tool would save polygons. I wouldn't use it personally. I'd just stretch the first two apart, then multiply them again.

Cheers,
Link.
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you want the logs to all have the same fill and have the line between them show, make a copy of the fill you want to use and alternate the fills oer the wall on the right.
The one on the left shows the same fill in all the logs and a different one in between.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Erika, I think he was referring to Elevation.

Cheers,
Link.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will give seperating the courses a try. It's too bad you can't force a seperation line. Thanks for the input.