Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Floor framing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to be able to show the structural design of a stick-built floor system, i.e, girders, joists, etc on my floor plan. Are there any tutorials are tips for the best way to do this with ArchiCad 12?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try using some "Wood Trusses" from the object library to construct the floor structure
Everything about how you model with ArchiCAD depends on what you want to use the model for.

Do you need to generate schedules for it ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Everything about how you model with ArchiCAD depends on what you want to use the model for.

Do you need to generate schedules for it ?
No, I need to be able to show the structural design in 2-D. I can show the floor design using the Object "Joist Beam." I just wondered if there was an easier way.

The other issue I'm dealing with is wanting the floor framing to show on the Structural Plan in the Construction Documents (and on the sections) but not on the Floor Plan. I know this is controlled by the Layers. I'm trying to figure out how to assign this object to a Layer that I don't want to show on the floor plan but can show on the structural plan. Or would it be easier to create a new construction document (I don't know how to do this either.)? I'm using the ArchiCad 12 template to build my plan.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm learning this software as I go.