Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disappearing dimensions in Sections/Elevations in AC10/1188

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else have the problem of disappearing dimensions in Sections & Elevations? I put them in and then when I re-open the window, they're gone. It's not a layer issue. The layer is turned on. They're just gone. It's as if they never existed. It's totally random. Sometimes it will delete one node and leave the rest of the string. Sometimes it will delete entire strings. Is there a fix for this?
5 REPLIES 5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
No fix, but a work-around: place hotspots where you wish to dimension, and associate the dimensions to these hotspots.

Dimensions disappearing is S/E typically has to do with openings (doors/windows) and objects regenerating and the associativity of the dimensions getting lost in the process.

RE: this post.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most of the dimensions that disappear are associated to the top of walls or roof ridges.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Laura wrote:
place hotspots where you wish to dimension, and associate the dimensions to these hotspots.
Yup. Most longtime users of the software have concluded that you just can't associate dimension strings to things in section that also show up in plan -- they just disappear. Dimensioning to Hotspots is a lame, non associative, anti-BIM idea but it is the least bad approach I've found.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hotspots are the most reliable work-around you have.

You can try static dimensions as well but I would not advice for detailed construction plans
Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate everyone's input. It seems like that's something that Graphisoft needs to fix.
Thanks again.