Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

detail org? linked detail markers in another detail page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to place a detail marker in another detail layout to indicate the location of another cut through a wall section. It seems like this is impossible. I have redrawn the actual wall, it's not a live section but it is linked from the plan. That is the important thing, to be able to click on the marker and open up what ever it is supposed to show.

Also about detail organization - On the plans, I would like to have two numbers on the detail marker, one for the sheet # and one for the number of the detail on that sheet. I am laying out details on a page. I would like them to be numbered left to right. But I shift them around as I add more or move some to new pages. Is there a way when I move a detail to a new sheet and location on the page, that the numbers on the detail marker would update accordingly? How do you guys set up your details:

name
ID
Layout

Thanks

tony
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
we are using AC10 by the by
Eduardo Rolon
For details in details you need AC11. For "live" numbers it is easier to read the manual (better explanation) or somebody else might weight in since I have not opened 10 in about a year.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
sanderarchitects wrote:
Also about detail organization - On the plans, I would like to have two numbers on the detail marker, one for the sheet # and one for the number of the detail on that sheet. I am laying out details on a page. I would like them to be numbered left to right. But I shift them around as I add more or move some to new pages. Is there a way when I move a detail to a new sheet and location on the page, that the numbers on the detail marker would update accordingly?
The AC Markers, Titles and Master Layouts behave in the way you describe -- I would also suggest you look at the Reference Guide.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
In case anyone wants to know a good way to set up details, cause it took me a while to figure it out:

-make your details (independent or live)

-drag the detail into the view map and set up your view parameters (scale, layer combination)

-set detail settings (put name of detail in for name, but no ID)

-place detail drawing on layout

-set drawing selection settings to:
Drawing ID to "by layout"
right below , check box for "include drawing in ID sequence"

-set Drawing name to: "by view name only"

then, go to the layout and click the triangle to show all details on the sheet. drag the details up or down to change their ID numbers (the detail that you want to have as #1 should be at the top of the list).

If you change the ID on the layout, the detail marker will update on the plans and or sections. If you cut and paste your detail to another sheet, the detail marker will update the sheet number. I'm pretty pumped, I'm sure the help index had something like this but I couldn't understand it. I hope this might help someone else
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info.
Tony
Have you considered a Master Detail Catalog.pln?
If not, see:http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2007/issue18-archicad.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as a linked detail marker in another detail page, is there a way to use an autotext reference to refer to another detail? Or maybe an object or something? I just want a piece of text that will update if the detail that it refers to changes. It doesn't have to open up the detail... so far all I can do with the autotext is refer to the detail drawing it is already in, not the one I want to refer to. Any ideas? We can't upgrade...
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
From our BIM Manual...
Linked Text 3.jpg
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
...and the second page.
Linked Text 4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
fantastic! that's exactly what i wanted! i had no idea about autotext references - now i can reference details in other details and not worry about updating the IDs - thanks again