BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

grid tool markers not showing up and settings have no effect

Anonymous
Not applicable
this tool is really falling apart on me now...I spent so much time getting it all straight in place. Now gridlines in section and elevation don't have the same ID as in plan, eg plan says it's gridline 7 and section/elevation says it's 9. But if I change the ID in sec/elev, it changes it in plan. If I change it back in plan, it doesn't change it in sec/elev. Also, I set up my first elevation with which gridlines I wanted to show and everything was fine. I try to turn off certain gridlines in another elevation and I get no update. And the list that pops up to select which gridlines to show is all crazy out of order... anyone else having these problems? I can't take the advice to just delete the whole grid and do it again...cause who knows if I run into this same problem again!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
and one more thing - now when I cut a new section, no gridlines show up even though my sec/elev settings is set to "show gridlines" and also, it's set to show all elements and reference all stories

god please make it stop
Anonymous
Not applicable
ugh sorry another clue - of my four elevations, only my first is working with the grid tool. on the others, now i can delete a gridline and it doesn't delete in plan. It's like the other three elevation's gridlines had gone dead or something....
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok stupid stupid gridlines

you have to have them set to refresh "for every activation" for some STUPID reason. you can have that one free fellas....
Thomas Holm
Booster
To answer your signature, I think your office should upgrade to AC12. The Grid Tool is also improved there. Much better than in AC11.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's almost like there are different levels of how "refreshed" my elevations and sections are. some times it will refresh a position change, sometimes a setting change, sometimes both, sometimes neither. getting sections and elevations to update is confusing me pretty bad
Djordje
Ace
sanderarchitects wrote:
ugh sorry another clue - of my four elevations, only my first is working with the grid tool. on the others, now i can delete a gridline and it doesn't delete in plan. It's like the other three elevation's gridlines had gone dead or something....
They are set to manual update.

As Thomas said, it is much better in 12. More manageable, actually does work, and you cannot set it to "manual" ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Thomas wrote:
To answer your signature, I think your office should upgrade to AC12. The Grid Tool is also improved there. Much better than in AC11.
It sounds like he couldn't figure out Teamwork, either.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't like to share
Learn and get certified!