BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Notes Lost in 12

David Collins
Advocate
I've just lost the Project Notes of a file started in ArchiCAD 11. I thought I'd accidentally erased them somehow, so I went back to an earlier *.pla version of the file archived in 11, but ArchiCAD 12 still brought up a blank, giving me just the the date as if it were a new file.

I finally rescued the notes by opening the archived files in ArchiCAD 11, which found the content that ArchiCAD 12 couldn't read.

Has anybody else lost Project Notes when migrating to archiCAD 12?
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
I've just lost the Project Notes of a file started in ArchiCAD 11. I thought I'd accidentally erased them somehow, so I went back to an earlier *.pla version of the file archived in 11, but ArchiCAD 12 still brought up a blank, giving me just the the date as if it were a new file.

I finally rescued the notes by opening the archived files in ArchiCAD 11, which found the content that ArchiCAD 12 couldn't read.

Has anybody else lost Project Notes when migrating to archiCAD 12?
I just checked and you are right - the notes have gone.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Collins
Advocate
Well, I found the stupid Project Notes, right where I left them.

What happens is that ArchiCAD 12 now takes you to the bottom end of the notes, instead of opening at the top as it always did before, apparently adding a page of blank space in the process. The notes are still there: you just have to scroll up to find them.

Not a bug: New Archi-Scroll® technology in Project Notes increases productivity!
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
Well, I found the stupid Project Notes, right where I left them.

What happens is that ArchiCAD 12 now takes you to the bottom end of the notes, instead of opening at the top as it always did before, apparently adding a page of blank space in the process. The notes are still there: you just have to scroll up to find them.

Not a bug: New Archi-Scroll® technology in Project Notes increases productivity!
I could have sworn the one I looked at just had the current date and time and nothing else.
I don't have access to the file right now so I can't check.

I have tried with other files and they are all fine.
The notes open to the end of the list as David says but I can still see all the previous notes.

I'll post back when I can retrieve the other file.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
I tracked down what I thought was the problem file but on closer inspection it may have never had any project notes in the first place.
Opening the same file in version 11 and there was nothing there either.
It was an early version of a new template i was making and probably had no notes yet.

Because the project note editor now scrolls to the end of the list it can look like all the notes have been deleted.
But just scroll up and they should be there.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!