BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

wall fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
how could i do the fill is 45 degree to the wall
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select (or create) a fill with 45 degree lines.

See help file if you need more info on creating fills.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry i am not clear myself.
I mean when i draw a wall, if i choose the brick fill, then the fill is automatically fill the wall, if i draw the hozontal wall, the fill is 45 degree, but if i draw 45 degree wall, then the will is parallel the wall. i want it still 45 degree to the wall with this brick fil

EY
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello EY

You can do that with the composite wall. In this menu you can create a wall with always the same orientation compared to the wall —with non fill continuity at the intersection…—.

You must create as many composite walls thicknesses of walls.

Hope this helps
cremsberg
Participant
I am trying to master the use of composite walls and having the fill orientation change with wall angle in the plan. I see that there is an "orientation" option in the settings box for the composite structure, but I can't seem to get it to take effect. I have tried both symbol fills and vectorial fills. Is there an over-riding control hidden elsewhere that is keeping this orientation from happening?
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
A screen shot would help, but start by making sure View> On-screen View Options> Vectorial Hatching is turned on.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
I checked and Vectorial Hatching is checked (on). Attached is picture of my floor plan experiment, where hatching does NOT follow orientation of wall. I also post my Composite Structres settings box. B believe this particular diagonal-line wall fill is a vectorial fill.
Claire Remsberg

cremsberg
Participant
Here is Composite Structure settings box, showing orientation checked (I think) correctly.
composite structures.png
Claire Remsberg

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
First thing is that the orientation needs to be set for each skin of the composite. It doesn't apply to the composite as a whole.

Secondly, I would check your Wood symbol fill, as the pattern still displays the default (New) Symbol Fill. Also make sure it is ~still~ assigned as a Cut Fill.

Assuming the wall does in fact use that exact composite, I am not quite sure why it shows differently on plan as it does in the composite dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
"First thing is that the orientation needs to be set for each skin of the composite. It doesn't apply to the composite as a whole." - That was the ticket! Thanks, Link.
Claire Remsberg

Learn and get certified!