Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating Master Subsets - how?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, everybody,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create subset inside the "Masters" layout set? And if it is, how?

We use lots of masters in our template and would like to organize them a bit - in a sensible hierarchy, as the whole thing is getting a bit muddled and confusing.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The slo tech support says it can not be done... So i guess "the case is closed", at least for now. At least till one of next releases of the software.
Karl Ottenstein
No subsets per se - I assume you want folders that open/close. But, you can certainly prefix your masters with a numeric system which causes things to be sorted and grouped as you desire.

However - if you have more than a few master sheets, then I suspect there is something amiss in how you are working...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I have got a similar solution in mind...

The large number of layouts is the consequence of using many different paper sizes. Any advice on how to optimize that process would be greatly appreciated as well.
Karl Ottenstein
Well, you can create as many project files as you want that are merely print ('plotmaker') files....with all source drawings coming from the main project file.

Nothing is as good as the longtime wishes for hierarchical layout books and masters with auto page numbering groups, etc, etc but with one file per paper size, you can sort of fake some things.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB