Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing Fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
After updating AC12 Library just now I noticed the solid fill symbol of varying transparency I had placed earlier no longer show up on my floor plan. The fill symbol are there on the plan because I can select them but I just cannot see them.

I tried tweaking the settings in Model View Option Combination window (see attached) without any success.

Appreciate any input.

BR
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that I had used the same plan as Trace Reference. After I deactivated the Trace the problem was solved.

Bala Raman
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Trace Reference Palette there is a button called Transparent Fills and Zones.
That may be the problem.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response.

For the sake of clarification I wish to go into the problem I faced yesterday a little deeper. I opened two files yesterday morning both of which did not manifest these 'fill' problems last week. Perhaps a coincidence but the problem started after I updated the application/library as prompted when I opened File A (see below).

File A

It was originally created in AC7 and upgraded to AC12 through AC9. This morning after the upgrade I opened this file and noticed my solid fills and solid fill skin in a composite wall were showing empty but the contour lines were present. However vectorial lines in composite walls were showing.

File B

It was originally created in AC11. The fills were showing but composite walls were void of both solid and vectorial fills and contour lines.

These problems persisted even after I did have the AC12 CD repair and reinstall the software. I also updated AC12 online.

Then by accident I noticed that in File A I had used the same plan as Trace Reference. After I deactivated the Trace all of the solid fills and the composite wall symbols showed up properly!

I checked to see if it was same case in File B, that if the Trace was active as well but it was negative. However when I copied a composite wall in File A and pasted in File B it was displayed properly. Oddly the same composite wall (2x4 stud + drywall) originated in File B showed up empty of any fills or contour lines.

Then I 'inoculated' the File B composite wall with info 'extracted' from the pasted File 'A' composite wall. After which not only the original File B composite wall displayed correctly but any new composite walls created within were displayed correctly as well. Just to make sure I closed File B, reopened it and was able recreate the results with success.

I am not sure why it happened but I am glad it did.

Bala Raman
Djordje
Ace
Bala,

The fills have changed extensively from 7 to 12. The treatment of the bitmap vs the vectorial, etc.

So it would be a good idea to inject the properties of fresh fills into any that came across from 7, just to refresh the settings.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the input Djordje.

Bala Raman