Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Trouble Exporting Lights From Archicad To Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I've encountered a problem when exporting an archicad model into artlantis for rendering purposes. For some reason the export menu wont allow me to export lights, as the option is greyed out.
Can anyone diagnose/help me overcome this problem?

Im using Archicad 12 and exporting into Artlantis Studio 2.

Thanks alot
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
Are the lights emitting anything and actually rendered in the view?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep the lights are turned on and in lightworks they are emitting light..but i wanted to export the model in artlantis to achieve a higher quality render..attached is a screenshot showing my problem when i attempt to export the model.
Dwight
Newcomer
In my Archicad, a light source that is

--- "on" - emitting energy,
--- enabled in Archicad's Photorendering Dialog and
--- actually selected and imaged in the 3D window

is a light that can be exported.

You are doing something wrong.

The only thing i can think of is that you have a lamp object that is a prop and not actually a light source.
Dwight Atkinson
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Really? So it's actually supposed to work?
I've never been able to export Lights in the Artlantis exporter. I always just assumed it was a not-yet-implemented feature.
I have tried general lights, spots, and cones, but none un-grey the option. They are definitely switched on in photorender settings, and are in the 3D view.
I do all my lighting in Artlantis anyway, so I don't really care too much, but it would be nice if it did work.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, Geez, youse guys. This is terrible. I am happily going along doing illustrations for my book and you are suffering and fuming.

Attached is proof that Archicad exports lights - the box is active.

Of course you want to place your light fixtures in Archicad since it is quick and precise but general illuminators are better left for Artlantis.

So lets find out the exact problem.

Is the box grey and inactive or grey and active?

Are your plug-ins up-to-date?
096.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
righto. i just found it.
it seems that you have to turn on the lamps as light sources in the Internal Render Engine photorender settings, not the Lightworks settings.
I never even look at the Internal Engine stuff anymore, so I hadn't bothered trying there.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Dwight
Newcomer
La la la la la. Swell.

You new guys think LightWorks is the schnitz while I merely see it as an outrigger to what is really going on. Never thought anyone would think elsewise.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
henrypootel wrote:
righto. i just found it.
it seems that you have to turn on the lamps as light sources in the Internal Render Engine photorender settings, not the Lightworks settings.
I never even look at the Internal Engine stuff anymore, so I hadn't bothered trying there.
This has always been so. And the Internal engine is what the ArchiCAD looks for in any operation - the LightWorks is a layer - or a storey? - above.

So remember: when exporting to Artlantis, start with the Internal engine. Lightworks does not export to Artlantis, but does the job itself.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:
the LightWorks is a layer - or a storey?
outrigger - and dead end......

Why did they have to do such a bad job implementing such a fine product? Sigh.
Dwight Atkinson