BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

No Sill No Trim

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the "w sliding2 12" window, when turning off the outside sill I get an incomplete lower trim detail.
Just more screw ball 12 library parts issue?
Or is there a way around this?
This is on a CP wall that is "2x4 core with 1/2gyp and 3/4 stucco fills".
Only the "2x4" is selected as core.
I have the latest library and hot fix.
Bier
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
I have a slightly different problem (gaps) if I turn off the inside stool. I'm working with GS tech support to report this ... so anyone else seeing problems like this, please post in this thread.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I'm working with GS tech support to report this ... so anyone else is seeing problems like this, please post in this thread.
Hi Bier and Karl,

I'm experiencing some strange behavior with the 2D representation of casings in AC12. With ganging on both sides (left and right) and 2D Detail Level set to 1:50, the exterior lines of casing disappear. If the 2D Detail Level is set to 1:100 or 1:200, everything looks OK. In both situations, the floor plan display for the windows is set to <Symbolic>. If changing it to <Projected>, the casing displays fine. (I've attached a screen shot illustrating this issue)
Here are two links to some older threads in which I've described this problem along with another one concerning AC11 and the 3D appearance of casings.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=126903&highlight=ac12+casing#126903

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu
AC12 CASING PROBLEM.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
One more example of window trouble in 12.
W Double Hung 12
Also in the small pre-view window of the window dialog, it shows 2d line out from main body of window.
Bier
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bier,

I posted the exact same problem some weeks ago and apparently its being worked on ....

My boss advised me to never use window trims and model them instead but this seems like a rather time consuming workaround.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Arthur
OOpps
I missed that.
Let hope spring eternal for better library parts!
Bier
Karl Ottenstein
Bier wrote:
One more example of window trouble in 12.
W Double Hung 12
Also in the small pre-view window of the window dialog, it shows 2d line out from main body of window.
Bier
Hi Bier,

Can you describe how to reproduce the bug in your double hung screenshot and text above? GS can't fix it unless they can reproduce it...

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Jefferson
Participant
How about weird trim........had reservations about the new windows after skimming articles here, but new features enticed me to go for upgrade anyway. [just beginning the process of digesting the new version this week] Guess nothing's simple eh?

Any hints about what I've got set wrong, and please tell me it is me not the windows, you have my full attention! Knockin' off for the evening but I'll be back, probably with lots more questions...........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Jeff,
I can't find a window in AC12 that the parameters match your screenshot. The first 3 under Casing are
Casing width Inside
Casing width Inside
Casing width Outside

there was an update for 12, have you installed it?[ build 2325]
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Jefferson
Participant
Hi Erica -

triple-checked, everything is up to date.......window is out of standard AC12 library. Settings shown in successive screen shots below. I am at a total loss, and this is after a just a few days into this. Typically I have always presumed it's pilot error for starters. Not so sure this time. Pretty discouraging to think I might be shelling out money for an add-on for something that used to work, however limited just to get back to scratch.........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Learn and get certified!