BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fill help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make a fill that I can attach to a material so I can put that material on our interior walls. I want the fill to be one line 4" from the bottom of the wall so it looks like the vinyl base. The pic below show how I thought the fill would be. I made a 3 line fill. one to designate the floor line , one 4" above the floor line and then one 25' above the vinyl base. The last line would never show up because our walls are usually 9' high max. Is this correct thinking. It doesn't show correctly on all of our walls. Depending on where the base of the wall is, the fill seems to start from elevation 0 and not the base of the wall. How can I fix this? Please tell me I can fix it.

Thanks,
Mcichele
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
"Align 3D Texture Tool" normally under the Design Menu.

In 3D, it allows for relocating the origin to a specific place on a selected element.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay.. there's away to "fix" it which will take some time to make it work for a given situation. Is there a way to make it work for every situation so I can make it a template "start with this until it changes". We almost always have 4" base at every wall. I would like to set this and then forget about it until we need to change it to something else instead of setting it and then having to change it almost everytime. Changing it all the time doesn't make me or our company more productive. Aren't computers supposed our lives easier. Okay now I'm on a rant and I'll stop.

Is there any other way to do what I want? Not a harder more time consuming way but a better way?

Thanks,
Michele
Dwight
Newcomer
model it.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I've done that and then they say move that wall over 6" and make it a 45 degree angle. And you have to turn on the layer so you can change it. First erase all the base you've put in then add new. Lots more busy work and not so much smarter work.

I'm trying complex profiles but I can't make different height walls (half walls). It just seems more cumbersome. A fill would be so much more flexible and less painful overall if only it worked on all stories.....

I'll keep trying. Hopefully Archicad can keep trying too!

Thanks,
Michele
Dwight
Newcomer
You are not living up to your avatar.

A half height wall as a complex profile is just a 4' high fill with some doo-dahs [your base] at the bottom. Try it and see.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried making a complex profile but the material does not stay the same on the ends. I made the base a slightly darker material so I can see a difference and it does not' stay. I made a wall for the base and a wall on top of that for the wall itself and merged them then saved a complex profile. It looks good except I don't even see the line that separates the 2 materials in elevation on the ends of the walls and yes there won't be many times that this will be an issue but once again, it's not consistent.

And yes I do want everything. If you don't ask for it you won't get it. Graphisoft will not think it's important and won't put time to it to fix it. It seems like such a simple fix. FIx the fills so you can tell it where to start in the dialog box (ie 'at base of wall) or fix complex profile. I need something to work. I can't get a good door or window. Sorry another rant. I'll stop.

Michele
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think for now, since our usual floor to floor heights are 13'4", I'll make a fill that will work on this floor to floor height. It seems the easiest to work with.

Thanks Dwight for the call and all the help,
Michele
Learn and get certified!