Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair walking Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you set it so that if you are on the top floor looking down the stairs the walking line is reversed to go down? or so that when you only show half of the stair the walking line changes the opposite way? I kno you can add up/down text but the technical showing of the stair is still wrong.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A sketch is worth a thousand words!
Arcadia
Booster
I don't think you can. I solved this by just not showing the walking line arrow at all in stiar setting then manually drafting it in. It only takes a few seconds.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Arcadia wrote:
I don't think you can. I solved this by just not showing the walking line arrow at all in stiar setting then manually drafting it in. It only takes a few seconds.
That was the answer I got when I ask about it a few months back.
Djordje
Ace
lpbolden wrote:
How do you set it so that if you are on the top floor looking down the stairs the walking line is reversed to go down? or so that when you only show half of the stair the walking line changes the opposite way? I kno you can add up/down text but the technical showing of the stair is still wrong.
Switch on the Up/Down text

Similar parameters exist for the stairs create in the StairMaker
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
you need to switch on the up/down text, but you also have to have the stairs on "Story Sensitive", and the show on stories be "Show on home story and one story up" or vice versa.
Djordje
Ace
Jesikuh123 wrote:
you need to switch on the up/down text, but you also have to have the stairs on "Story Sensitive", and the show on stories be "Show on home story and one story up" or vice versa.
Oooops ... yes, correct. I am so used to doing this that I did not mention it. Thanks!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen