BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: CORNER WINDOWS - Survey

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am just curious how many of you are using the actual Graphisoft corner window tool. We are completely ignoring it and using Door-Window builder instead.
Please vote in the poll to improve current status of opening creation.

thanks

Administrator guys would it possible to make this poll sticky for a while? Thanks...
::rk
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur with Bruce as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Corner windows tool works like a charm for me.

Archicad 11b1210
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas wrote:
YA.H.VE wrote:
I will love to make a glass corner window with frameless!
Did you try this? Please see the attached Image.

They do not have this option for 12? Experimenting with Corner Window issues within v12. Biggest issue here is that when the wall is changed to a complex profile, messages come up that the window had to be deleted because "it cannot be placed in trapezoid or curved walls" which the complex profile isn't. I see that the standard AC12 library windows come with a custom corner option in which I can place two windows at a corner and those do not delete when changed to the same complex profile tested on the corner window.

One thing that's nice about the corner window is I can change the properties of one side and it will update the other. And if I can get the frameless or butt-glazed corner window within corner windows, it will make it harder to resist. However, if the frameless window is no longer possible with the corner window tool in AC12, then hasta la vista baby.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The frameless (glass-to-glass) corner window option is still available in AC12 but only on 'fixed' windows.

Fully automatic corner window functionality doesn't work on complex profiled walls (see here). You can however place normal windows with one side set to 'corner window' and place them individually. This can be done in the 'corner window' section (introduced in AC12) in the window interface.

The above info is based on the INT version of the windows. I presume other versions are similar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
"This can be done in the 'corner window' section (introduced in AC12) in the window interface."
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
The frameless (glass-to-glass) corner window option is still available in AC12 but only on 'fixed' windows.

Fully automatic corner window functionality doesn't work on complex profiled walls (see here). You can however place normal windows with one side set to 'corner window' and place them individually. This can be done in the 'corner window' section (introduced in AC12) in the window interface.

The above info is based on the INT version of the windows. I presume other versions are similar.
I did find the custom corner options in standard window settings and like you mentioned, they react better with complex walls. I then found the glass corner option among fixed windows only too. So, that concluded my opinion on corner windows - TRASH. We will remove the corner window tool from our office template at the next upgrade. Maybe AC13 will provide better corner window functionality and options.

Thanks for your response!
Learn and get certified!