Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

DWG to landscaping

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just imported a DWG on to 3d model over a mesh and i want to make the mesh as per the DWG land scape proposal. I have used the solid element tool and magic want but need get it right as its not working properly
Has any body any hints or experience ???

Regards Myles
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Myles,
In the reference manual as well as the online tutorials there are detailed steps for how to create a site mesh. Basically you may have to create new contour lines using splines or polylines, magic want these onto the mesh and then assign each contour line its correct elevation.
The online tutorials with QT demonstrate these steps
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erica - i an handle all that ok but for some reason i cannot it work properly !!! Its a big model with way too much info on so will just have soldier on !! through the night !!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Myles, several things come to mind.
- if it is truly a big mesh, you can break it up into several smaller ones.
- where are you getting stuck? If you want you can add screenshots to your post or attach a pdf if that will help us to understand where you are getting stuck/ the steps you are taking etc.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
The main problem was - when I magic wand a polygon i could only get it to show as 100 mm deep mesh for some reason ???

( got over that manually ) I wanted the new mesh to match thge heights of the existing master mesh if you know what i mean but it just wil not do it so having to adjust mesh in 3d manually ( major pain )

Thanks for you help - must the day time there -knockin' bed time here !

M
Erika Epstein
Booster
myles wrote:
The main problem was - when I magic wand a polygon i could only get it to show as 100 mm deep mesh for some reason ???

( got over that manually ) I wanted the new mesh to match thge heights of the existing master mesh if you know what i mean but it just wil not do it so having to adjust mesh in 3d manually ( major pain )

Thanks for you help - must the day time there -knockin' bed time here !

M
Yes, it is a beautiful sunny day here in LA. I just had lunch and its so mild my windows are wide open. That was cruel, as I understand you are in a deep freeze...
I'm not still not clear what you are attempting and how to be of specific help. But, if you do a topic search "site mesh" there are quite a few recent discussions on how to create site meshes and adjust them. If this doesn't help try rephrasing the problem for us.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System