Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotating Windows and openings on an angled wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I want to add a rotated window onto an angled wall (please see attached) how can I go about this?

Am i right in believing I will have to custom make each individual window or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Wall.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
To avoid making each window individually I would first investigate the rather clever freeform window library part to be found in the depository here -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/08+Doors-Windows

Draw the shape of the window in elevation using 2d lines first, then stretch the window to fit.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

That works really well. A very clever and time saving library part....thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

I was having the same problem as above with the angled wall and the windows. So I searched the forum, here i am, and downloaded the suggested window. However, I cannot figure out how to add the object to my library appropriately. Can you please explain. When I loaded the object it said it cannot find the editable mesh. This was included with the object but my steps must be incorrect.

Thank you.

JC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Josh,

Open the zip file and then drag all 3 objects into your shared ArchiCAD library.

If ArchiCAD is open already, go to the library manager and check the libraries are loaded. If not, add them, then OK or Reload.

This should load everything you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Peter!
Worked like a charm.