BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating Pie Shaped Beam Elements

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running Archicad 12 and need a little advice on maybe the best way of creating Pie shaped elements. I model precast structures such as building and parking decks. My question is, is that have a single level parking deck that is rectangle shaped. At the end of the rectangle it curves about 8 deg. it is a easy to place my double t's up to the end of the rectangle but when you start to go around the curve the 10ft wide complex profile of the double start to overlap. being this is 180ft wide deck the inside radius is smaller than the outside radius. in the past i have placed slabs to represent the double t's. i have attached a pdf of my problem area
thanks
Jeff Hopkin
Project Modeler
IPC
Des Moines, Iowa
4 REPLIES 4
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jhopkin67 wrote:
I am running Archicad 12 and need a little advice on maybe the best way of creating Pie shaped elements. I model precast structures such as building and parking decks. [...] in the past i have placed slabs to represent the double t's. i have attached a pdf of my problem area
thanks
Do you mean something like the attached image? A pie-shaped portion of the double T is pulled away and selected below for clarity.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes that will work i think. i am just trying to get it to look correct without a bunch of subtracted elements
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jhopkin67 wrote:
yes that will work i think. i am just trying to get it to look correct without a bunch of subtracted elements
I did the following (referring to the attached image):
  • 1) Placed a series of objects for the double Ts from the standard ArchiCAD library ("Precast Double Tee")
    2) Cut the tees with the 'Split' tool from the OBJECTiVE add-on
    3) Deleted the offcut portions
    4) The remaining portions are still "Precast Double Tee" objects, i.e. they haven't devolved to a 'dumb' object, look correct in 2D and 3D, and are still controlled by the same parameters, UI, etc.
Any GDL object could be used if that particular one doesn't suit, and could be created using OBJECTiVE's profiling tools. For more info see: http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Dwight
Newcomer
Dumb question, but:
What happens in real life with this wedgie thing? Don't they bridge it some other way?
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!