Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

SektchUp Add-on for ArchiCAD10 for Mac PPC and IntelMac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why has Graphisoft sofar not published a SketchUp Add-on for ArchiCAD10 for Mac ?
We need this urgently.

Are there no other Mac-ArchiCAD-users missing it ?

8 REPLIES 8
TomWaltz
Participant
Supposedly it has something to do with Sketchup not releasing the API for Mac (or something like that). I'm not sure it's within Graphisoft's control.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Supposedly it has something to do with Sketchup not releasing the API for Mac (or something like that). I'm not sure it's within Graphisoft's control.

Actually I can't imagine that that is true, as Nemetschek North America got this Plug-In for VectorWorks12 done. ArchiCAD 11 is out now and there is no Support for 10 on MacOSX sofar. That's embarrassing
TomWaltz
Participant
HWP1 wrote:
Are you sure ?
I thought I read that somewhere (maybe the Wiki?) several months ago. It's never really affected me so I've not paid much attention to the issue.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been waiting for this for a loooong time
no news yet .

I am sure this will end archicad vs. sketchup debate a little bit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is the Sketchup add-on for 12? Sketch-up is an important part of our design and object creation proccess. ArchiCAD and sketch-up serve seperate but complementry porposes, but without the add-on we have a large disconect between our concept designs and production drawings. Please sort it out so we can use sketch-up!
Karl Ottenstein
B wrote:
Where is the Sketchup add-on for 12? Sketch-up is an important part of our design and object creation proccess. ArchiCAD and sketch-up serve seperate but complementry porposes, but without the add-on we have a large disconect between our concept designs and production drawings. Please sort it out so we can use sketch-up!
This old wish thread for AC 10 is probably the wrong place to start a discussion about 12...

But, note that there are two sketchup import fuctions, both of which are Windows only - one imports the skp file as an object, so it looks just like you created it in SU (or downloaded from 3D Warehouse). The other attempts to convert surfaces to walls, openings to windows, etc.

Which do you want? The first is available as part of the Google Earth Connections for 12. The second was temporarily posted and removed, and may be back on the download page by now.

But, if you're on a Mac, you'll still be waiting. The problem is with Google's choices for Mac support, which do not jive with ArchiCAD at the moment.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The existing transitions from ArchiCAD to Sketchup are a bit glitchy. I have had problems using it and it tends to create file errors that crash the software. It would be nice if they worked on upgrading the transition software to give some additional options for layering and object Hierarchy durring the transition.

That said they do work most of the time.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!