Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Adding vertical divisions to a Curtain Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, I have searched the forum and the help files and am not finding what i am looking for. I want to do a basic curtain wall with a double door. No big deal. The problem is I want more vertical divisions. Horizontal divisions you can add but I see no where to add vertical divisions. Am I missing something here or is it not possible? I have looked at the wall in doors and objects, but just don't see a way to do this short of adding a window beside what I have and that just doesn't see right. Help!!!

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you start Editing the Curtain Wall in 3D, you can switch to the Frame Tool and insert any Frame. The only restriction is that the new Frame must be between two existing Frames.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If you start Editing the Curtain Wall in 3D, you can switch to the Frame Tool and insert any Frame. The only restriction is that the new Frame must be between two existing Frames.
it looks like ArchiCAD 11 to me !
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you are right, it is even in the signature. He mentioned Curtain Wall so I immediately assumed it is AC12.
I take it back.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
You could place a storefront WINDOW object adjacent.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
paultp wrote:
I want to do a basic curtain wall with a double door. No big deal. The problem is I want more vertical divisions.
Indeed, it seems that you can't add more vertical divisions to the curtain wall included in the doors library. But if you look in the windows library, the curtain wall in there can do that.
So, if you look at the attached image, I've combined the two library parts (door + window) in order to achieve the desired result. Please note that for the door object, I've turned off the sidelights and disabled the first and the last frames.

Hope that helps.
Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
... and the final result
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok then, thanks for the replies. You all answered my question. Basically it can't be done with the single object. I wonder why? Anyway, thanks for the answers. Will just combine the two objects and be done with it..

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
But if you look in the windows library, the curtain wall in there can do that.
Basically, the same solution as Erika's ... only 5 minutes later