Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Live Marker Trouble

Anonymous
Not applicable
My question is at the end of the description..

1. I open a sheet - for example, A5.00, where I lay out enlarged stair plans.
The enlarged stair plans are Views dragged onto the sheet from the View Map.These update automatically on my A5.00 sheet.

2. The stair Views are generated from the plan view of the model via detail markers. I set the layer combination in the floor plan and drop a detail marker around the stair. The detail marker is set to "source view" to capture the floor plan image, and are pointed in reference to the first placed drawing of the viewpoint.

3. The generated detail drawings are then noted and dimensioned. Window status is captured and the drawing is saved to the View Map from where it is layed out on sheets. (See 1)

4. When I logout of the project (it is teamworked) and sign back in to view sheet A5.00 my drawings of the stairplans "update" .. and when that happens all my nice and neat dimension and notes move around the view, as if being reset to some virtual start point. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it??

It is really frustrating, when a set of cds has to go out, and i login the following day to plot them, only to find that all of the dimensions and such in my views have become garbled... the only way ive found to remedy this is to make the views on the layout manual update.. but that is impeding my workflow, esp when other teammmembers may have updated drawings that i was not aware of...
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Could you please post some screenshots so we can see how the dimensions are moving around?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
The following attachments show before and after of an enlarged stair plan on a sheet layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how the drawing is before I logout.
Picture 2.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Seems like a bug to me.
I will let GS know about this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
Under 'Project Preferences' - Dimensions.

Is the 'Revert all dimension text to automatic position' checked?

Un-check it and see if the dimensions stay put.

HTH

Mark

ArchiCAD 12 2420 USA Full
Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb OSX.4.11
HP T1100, Epson R1800

Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------
Mark Wallace Architect
Collegeville, PA
Mark R. Wallace AIA

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
Under 'Project Preferences' - Dimensions.

Is the 'Revert all dimension text to automatic position' checked?

Un-check it and see if the dimensions stay put.

HTH

Mark

ArchiCAD 12 2420 USA Full
Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb OSX.4.11
HP T1100, Epson R1800

Mark R. Wallace AIA
Mark Wallace Architect
Collegeville, PA
Yes, I have made sure that in the main dimension settings and in the individual dimension text settings this option is NOT enabled. Ive also tested whether the live marker points to viewpoint or view makes a difference and the bug occurs either way.. Would be a great things to include in the next hotfix ::nudge GS nudge ::
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
I'm a solo practitioner so I don't use the teamwork aspects of AC. This 'jumping around' stuff happened to me in AC 10 & 11. I think there as even a hoffix in 11 that addressed this.

The only absolute way to prevent any graphic redrawing (or rearranging) is to disable 'Automatic Updating' in that particular view. If the model changes, then do a manual update and check the layout views (Drawings).

Other past threads have discussed the merits; pro & con to this approach.

I agree, it is a very basic 'drafting' problem of placing text and so annoying to find the text moved in the model from were it was placed.

Although text on my model stays put, there could be any number a variables at play in a networked environment. Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas.

Mark

ArchiCAD 12 2420 USA Full, Mac G5 Dual 2.3 Ghz, 1.5 Gb OSX.4.11
HP T1100, Epson R1800

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Erika Epstein
Booster
A shot in the dark, but the only time I've seen problems with dimensions in 12 is when I placed them while the MVO had partial Structure display set to other than what the view was saved with i.e. 'Entire Structure'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"