Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No contour line on door/wall intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm working in A9.0. I have to represent two perpendicular walls intersecting each other, one fitted with and empty door on corner and the other with a window opening top-inclined on the same corner.

As you can see from the image below (the empty door is vertical and the window opening is horizontal), each wall looses its thick contour line at the door/window location.

Is there a way to keep the continuity of the wall contour line in this particular situation?

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Djordje
Ace
cris2d2 wrote:
As you can see from the image below (the empty door is vertical and the window opening is horizontal), each wall looses its thick contour line at the door/window location.
9 was a long time ago ... still, try changing the outline and contour parameters of the empty door and window. There should be an option of the countours on, that should work in your case.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
cris2d2 wrote:
9 was a long time ago ... still, try changing the outline and contour parameters of the empty door and window. There should be an option of the countours on, that should work in your case.
Thanks for reply.

I tried every combination of parameters, but with no change.

As you can see from the picture i posted, the representation of door/window intersecting the wall takes the property of the contour line of the respective door/window:
1. for the empty door, which has no contour line, no line appears on its wall intersecting area.
2. for the empty window, the area where it intersects the wall has the same weight and colour (grey) as the window contour line weight and colour.

It seems that these can't be separated.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it possible that there are adjoining wall on hidden layers at those points where there is no Wall contour?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Is it possible that there are adjoining wall on hidden layers at those points where there is no Wall contour?
laszlonagy, the same behaviour happens even in Archicad own template files. If I open an original template file and create, from scratch, two crossing walls with empty doors in the corners, on each wall, one wall will show no contour line on door's wall end.

I discovered that this has something to do with Display Order of elements: if I bring one wall forward, the other wall looses it's contour line on door's end (and vice versa).

I even tried in A10, with the same result.

The only way to resolve this issue is to split the crossing walls on their intersecting region and establish a proper Display Order. It's a bit of extra-work, but it will do.

I'm curious if A11 and A12 users experience the same issue...
Djordje
Ace
In 12 all is almost well as long as the door is displayed as Symbolic. Any other setting does the same as you posted.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've a similar problem , but on the external walls. Never had tis before.Tried to change wall / door settings , moved door to base of wall etc. , no success yet.Interesting , I experience this only with doors , there is no problem with windows.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cris2d2,

I guess I know the reason. You need to go to Door settings/stacked door / and turn "connection on the right" , "connection on the left " OFF.It resolved my problem in AC12.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Norbert wrote:
cris2d2,

I guess I know the reason. You need to go to Door settings/stacked door / and turn "connection on the right" , "connection on the left " OFF.It resolved my problem in AC12.
Thanks for your answer, but in my door settings, stacked settings were off.

People, I can't believe it, but accidentaly i resolved the issue that forced me to start this thread. It applies either to door or window settings:

In floor plan settings for a specific door/window, Use Symbol Colors option must be checked. If it isn't, the unique color that overrides symbol colors overrides the left and right connections color of specific door/window.

The best way to see if this applies to you is to put the doors/windows on two walls crossing each other, on the corners, because here the connection line lost it's weight and color (like in my first post image).

I hope this accidental solving to apply to all version of Archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I re-visited the issue , attached the result.If you set the priority of the intersecting walls different the contours of the wall show correctly with no respect whether you use symbol colours or not.