Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Any Aussie Archicad professionals dealing with IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are about to embark into the IFC world as our regularly used consultants are making the leap of faith from Autocad to Revit. Now I am trying to get in touch with Archicad Professionals in Australia who I might be able use as a sounding board for any future problems that might arise.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm nowhere near Australia, but you can always ask questions here. There are a few us on the board that can offer some pointers when you need them. Who knows maybe I could even come up with an excuse to come down for a visit 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you need to talk to THE IFC MAN

http://buildingsmart.org.au/Members/jmitchell/index_html/?searchterm=nsw
owen
Newcomer
There are quite a few experienced Australian users who are regulars on AC-Talk so just post your questions over in the Data Exchange & Information Sharing forum.

As Maurice mentions John Mitchel is part of the IAI and runs an interoperability/collaboration course at UNSW - i'm sure he is very busy but may be able to offer some advise or even a consulting role. A colleague at my old firm back in Oz taught the UNSW course with John and is also quite experienced in the subject - i could probably get in touch with him.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
David Shorter
Advisor
Hi Wayne
You could always ask Graphisoft Australia, we have a vast amount of experience with communication between different systems using IFC and other methods... you know my number or you could log a support ticket through arkiklub....
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your input, it is my intention to try to use every available means to help in the process of working through this. I have been doing a lot of preparetry research so that I can be as ready as possible for the inevitable issues that will arise.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but because I'm an Aussie and my problem relates to IFC I'll try anyway.

Well, I'm using VICO Suite 2008 which has AC11 built in Constructor 2008 since last year and suddenly I'm facing a bug when importing IFC Models in my laptop.

After importing the IFC model, the window Reading STEP File stays blank, thinking forever, frozen to a stage that I always have to close the software via Vista Task Manager. I reported the bug but I'm not sure how is it treated with the current relationship between VICO & GS

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software and the problem is still there.
I also tried in a friends' computer and the model was imported with no issues. He then saved the file as PLN from the IFC and when I imported the file, all the IFC libraries were missing.

Anyway, if someone had any similar problem or know what might be a solution for this specific bug, please let me know

Regards

Flavio
Erika Epstein
Booster
Flavio,
Wjat OS was your friend's computer? Also Vista?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

I'll confirm with my friend which system he used when he opened the file.

But I remember when I trialled the software and I had also AC11 in my Work PC which runs XP. At that time the same problem happened.

Is there any solution either than uninstall Vista and run AC11 on XP?

Regards

Flavio
Erika Epstein
Booster
Flavio,
I don't know. I would contact Vico.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System