Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Parking Stripes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a quick and efficient way to show parking stripes and accessible parking symbol on pavement for 3D modeling in AC 12?

DT
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look in your object library (use the "find library parts" option) for "parking". There are parts in the standard library, including a wheelchair symbol (in AC11 at least)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.

Odd thing though, the objects only show up when I select All Libraries instead of a AC 12 Library.

There are two objects:
a) Parking Place 12. When I try to widen the default stall width of 8'-2" I end up with only one 'line'. Not sure how to increase the number of parking stalls.

b)Parking Place Polyline 12. This offer little more flexibility. However it has its own set of quirks. If I increase the number of parking stalls the HC symbol disappears. Unable to remove or modify this object so it appears as open end stalls stall instead of rectangular boxes in 3D view.

Unless I am overlooking some parametric controls I find these objects 'clunky' to work with.

DT
Karl Ottenstein
You obtain the desired number of spaces (stripes) by stretching the placed object, unless you want to do the math and enter the desired width. See attached stretch of the editable hotspot and the ghosting showing the spaces that are being created during the stretch.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.

DT