Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How do I modify the drawing title?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have looked through these posts to try to decode the egyptian writing on the wall on how to do this and its all chicken scratch to me. I know absolutely nothing about scripting or anything related. Can anyone help me out? This may even open some doors for me for future editing.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
To change the appearance of the drawing title, you need to do a bit of GDL scripting. The title is a GDL object, so you must first open it for editing. Then save a copy so you can edit the object without affecting existing drawings.

1. Use the line2 command to draw a line across the circle.

2. You may want to define a second text style for the text below the separator line.

3. You will need to reposition the existing text to appear above the separator line.

4. You will need to define text to appear below the separator line. You can get the layout ID using the request:
REQUEST ("HomeDB_info", "", homeDBIntId, homeDBUserId, homeDBName, homeContext)
the returned values homeDBUserId and homeDBName are the ID and name of the layout.

If you need any further help, it might be easiest if you send me the drawing title object. I would be happy to make the adjustments for you, and include some comments to show what was involved.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I read through your reply and it looks very informative but its all cuneiform to me. HAHA, The title object is the standard supplied title object from ARCHICAD 12

NCS DRAWING TITLE 11

It would be great if you could make the changes but even better if you could describe the entire process so I could attempt to learn something different with this program and do it hands on. The reference guide is too vague and the forums on here are very specific to other artists problems.

Thank You for your reply Andrew.
Erich
Contributor
Greener,

If you are interested in learning GDL, I would suggest starting with the GDL cookbook which can be found in PDF format here:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sbe/cookbook/

There is also a newer version available here:

http://www.archicad.ca/

But is is a bit shorter than the older one so I would recommend you get both. Once you are beyond the very beginner stages there are other references available, you can do a search. Also Cadimage is releasing a new book on the subject, shipping now/soon.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
... Cadimage is releasing a new book on the subject, shipping now/soon.
.... written by a certain Andrew Watson.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greener,

I would be happy to help but I don't have the NCS DRAWING TITLE 11. Maybe its something that your ArchiCAD reseller or distributer has included in your localized version of ArchiCAD.

You might even find it easier to create a brand new drawing title. Some of the commercial objects have a lot of functionality built into them that you probably don't need (different marker shapes, text positions, options on what is displayed, etc.). As a result their scripts tend to look a lot more compicated than a script designed to do a specific job.

I would agree with Erich that you might want to check out what literature is available. Any of the books he mentioned will get you started.

Anyhow, my original offer still stands if you would like to send me the object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I should have assumed that we have different versions. Yeah I will definately take you up on that offer. Where can I send the object to?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can email the file to andrew@cadimagetools.com.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok Andrew I will send it to that e-mail address, thank you. Can you put a brief description of what you did so I can get a feel for what I'm in for when I try this with future objects?

Thanks Again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also can you send me some information about where and how I can order this book you speak of?