Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

It's Time... ArchiStair 2.0

Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear friends,

in the next two weeks we will start the release of the new ArchiStair 2.0

If you would like to see a quick overview about the new functions introduced by this major update you can look the movies we just upload on our YouTube channel:

Click here to see the ArchiStair movies on YouTube

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

When it is convenient for you, could you elaborate?

Don Lee
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Don,

here I am, sorry for the late in answering you but, after the GS Meeting in Malta, I enjoyed the Italian Easter vacation.
I know... not so professional!

Please, take a look at the attached image.
As you can see the height of the railing along the landing is higher (120 cm) than the height of the railing along the flights (80 cm).

Of course you can set a vertical top offset for the newels (as I did in this example).

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio:

Thanks again,

Don Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dennis wrote:
I think it is very nice as well. I have to however, be the mean person and ask you this question:
When AC13 comes out whenever it does, is the ArchiStair compatibility upgrade going to be available at the same time or within a reasonable period (weeks, not months)?
Sorry, I have to jump in here! You are not mean and your question is justified.

Fabrizio is in head of the development and from his point of view we should be able to ship the compatibility updates to AC13 on time. He is a very accurate person and he will be probably right,

BUT…. We do not promise it!! AC13 has probably huge internal changes (we are on NDA, so please do not ask) and we still don’t know all the technical implications it will bring to us together with unexpected surprises.

Lets put it this way: in the last 10 years we where always on time with the new AC releases. Last years technical changes brought us to unexpected delays and we learned from that experience. With every new feature we put into our plug-ins we rise the complexity of the code and the risk of bugs.

So we promise (!) to try to be on time. But our first goal remains to be as much bug-free as possible. Should beta-testing show dangerous behaving in the integration with AC13 then we will prefer to delay again rather then risk our customers work.

So should the 100% time-coincident be a criteria sine-qua-non for you, then, well its painful to say and hopefully not seen as arrogant, but please don’t buy our product. We just cannot promise it.
Istvan Toth
Dennis Lee
Booster
Thanks for giving us an honest response. I do believe that Cigraph will deliver within reasonable time.

Stairmaker in AC will only get me (and most people) a schematic design of the stair with the number of risers and tread widths and such and maybe a very rough idea of a baluster and handrail, but in no way does it come close to being able to model the stair as it will be built and detailed. We end up drawing the stair elevation / section / detail in 2D. If ArchiStair can allow your to build the stair as it will be built and detailed down to the last bit of handrail extensions, custom balusters and panels and such, I think EVERY OFFICE should get at least one for BIM's sake. We model the building so that the elevations and sections will be automatic, why not stairs? With ArchiStair 1 I thought it didn't quite get me there, but it looks like ArchiStair 2 is definitely almost there if not already there.

Again, thanks and keep up the good work! If the value is there, people will definitely buy and even (wait )!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your kind words:)
Istvan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to choose between Cadimage Stair Builder 12
and Archistair 2.
Both are new and yes I've read the Basics (seen the videos) but since
Ive never used any products from any of these companies, was hoping
to get an insight to which might work more seamlessly with AC12.
Or your experience with either company.
Thank you.
Karl Ottenstein
I can't speak to the Cadimage Tools as I do not have copies of them. But, ArchiStair 2.0 integrates very well with AC and as you've seen from the video, has a huge range of powerful features.

And, ArchiStair 2.0 even does some trivial, obvious things that Stairmaker always should have ... such as when you start a new stair, it reads the height from current to next story from the Story Settings and uses that as the initial stair setting. Stairmaker uses some strange number unrelated to the project.

Try the demo of each.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB