Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

***STUDENT BOUYCOT OF GRAPHISOFT***

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do graphisoft make archicad availabel to students, then deny them any support??
Why bother "protecting" the full licence version with a dongle when a crack for that is just as easy to find as the program itself??

As an increasing number of software developers are finding the success and logevity with open source and web-based applications, where does graphisoft think its going to find new clients when our generation of students enter the workforce??
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check this other thread when someone from GS replies and tells about all the various Add-Ons that ARE available for the Student version:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=28128
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dyllbot,
I have just been informed by another Moderator that yesterday you have posted a message in which you placed a link to a pirated copy of ArchiCAD.
This collegue of mine has deleted the post.
One more such action will result in banning you from the Forum.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
dyllbot wrote:
Why do graphisoft make archicad availabel to students, then deny them any support??
Why bother "protecting" the full licence version with a dongle when a crack for that is just as easy to find as the program itself??

As an increasing number of software developers are finding the success and logevity with open source and web-based applications, where does graphisoft think its going to find new clients when our generation of students enter the workforce??
If authors of software didn't have to guard against PIRATES, they wouldn't need hardware protection... You are the cause of your own frustration. Try making a living off software sales....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Djordje
Ace
dyllbot wrote:
Did you try talking to your local ArchiCAD dealer/distributor if you needed help? Sorry, don't know who it is in the ether.

If you like giving your work away, fine. People usually like to get paid for what they do.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
rocorona
Booster
Djordje wrote:

Did you try talking to your local ArchiCAD dealer/distributor if you needed help?
My car is an Opel Corsa. When I have some problem I don't go to the General Motors Headquarter, asking for a solution, but to my local vendor.
Anyway, I've never heard of student version of automobiles...

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
They are called bicycles.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
rocorona wrote:
And they're still not free
rocorona
Booster
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:
rocorona wrote:
And they're still not free
Nor the technical assistance

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1